frabill straight line 241?

• kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Thinking about trying one of these rod and reel combos but the reviews are not the greatest on them? Just wondering if anybody has used them and have any comments on them? Frabill straight line 241 looks interesting to me.

BBKK
    IA

Held it in my hand. What a POS.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

That’s a straight forward opinion B BK…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I got the cheap Genz model and it has worked well once I got used to a few quirks.

stevenoak

I wasn’t impressed with any of the inlines this year. They all seemed to have atleast one thing that screamed that they rushed them out the door. Didn’t like the drag on the 13. 241 felt like the handle would fall off at any minute and so on. Hope with another off season they can fine tune some details for next year.

icefanatic11
    Birnamwood, WI

I bought one of these this year, not a bad reel whatsoever, it is made with real quality components, there are drawbacks to it though it is a fairly heavy reel, I’ve never held the BB6061 so I can’t compare there. Does not have the free spool technology so you have to strip it by hand, It is my go to in under 10 FOW, has super super smooth drag. For the 50 or so bucks it was worth it to me this year, however if I were you I would wait until next season to buy one because I’m sure there will be new products with more improvements down the line. If I had to give it an overall grade it would be a B. Hope this helps.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.