Oh, So Close!!

• average-joe
    Hudson, WI

AP just missed the record by 9 yards

WTF is up with the Vikings not letting him pound the ball rather than kicking the field goal

joemama
    North St Paul

winning the game

river rat randy
    Hager City WI

Quote:

winning the game

x2.. …rrr

FryDog62

Would have rather seen AP with the rushing record rather than the Vikes win the game. The Vikes aren’t going to win the Super Bowl and the win today will eventually be irrelevant. AP with the rushing record within a year of tearing his ACL might last forever…

dave-barber
    St Francis, MN

I personally wished they woulda given it to AP.. and either let him pound it in… or bring it to OT to ALMOST ensure the record broken. 1 playoff game and we could be done. But.. a record can last for years! I am die-hard, bleeding purple, Viking fan. That being said.. in 2 months from now… we will NOT be talking about the vikes winning the Superbowl. So.. I WISH we could talk about our Running Back being the BEST EVER.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

Quote:

That being said.. in 2 months from now… we will NOT be talking about the vikes winning the Superbowl. So.. I WISH we could talk about our Running Back being the BEST EVER.

Hmmmmmmmmm….there are sensible people in Minnesota!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

2097 rushing yards for the season. Now there is a accomplishment. Way to go AP and thanks for a very exciting game.

dld24

The record wouldn’t have lasted long anyway when he crushes next year…Just think if he was 100% at the start of the season….I never thought the vikes would be in the playoffs so I’m not counting them out,especially if ponder keeps up this play

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

Would have rather seen AP with the rushing record rather than the Vikes win the game. The Vikes aren’t going to win the Super Bowl and the win today will eventually be irrelevant. AP with the rushing record within a year of tearing his ACL might last forever…

I agree, why not give him a chance to break the record

I’m a die hard Packers fan, but I have the utmost respect for AP

The guy is a FREAK there’s no other way to put it

Congratulations to AP, for being only the 7th player all time to hit the 2000 yard mark, and for being #2 in most yards in a single season

silverbulletguy1

If they would have let him run the ball in the 4th quarter last week instead of keeping him on the sidelines he would have the record. Thanks coach!!!

bigpike

Quote:

If they would have let him run the ball in the 4th quarter last week instead of keeping him on the sidelines he would have the record. Thanks coach!!!

Wasn’t he hurting with a sore hip??? If that is case you should thank your coach!

big_g
    Isle, MN

The guys talking about putting the game on the line for an individual record, must not have played on a team sport before…. and obviously don’t get how truely special AP is… he wasn;t about the record last night, he was about winning the game for 50 some other players, his coaches and the fans he can break it another year

josh a

he had 34 carries! Everybody player needs a break from time to time, especially running backs. Playing for overtime to get a record would have cost frazier his job. He’s got a whole team to think of, not just one player. Nobody in there right mind would give up the playoffs for a chance at watching a player break the record

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

With the way AP was running yesterday, the Vikes shoulda taken their chances

I understand that AP is a very humble athlete, which is rare in this day and age

My argument isn’t about being selfish, I’m just saying that with the adversity that he had to overcome to get back to this point, taking the record would’ve been the icing on the cake

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

If you are trying to force a record, to me that makes it much less legit. Kind of like when a Packer QB slides into the arms of his BFF so he can get the sack record.

average-joe
    Hudson, WI

Quote:

If you are trying to force a record, to me that makes it much less legit. Kind of like when a Packer QB slides into the arms of his BFF so he can get the sack record.

That was a complete Joke

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

Would have been nice but did the Rams in 84 do that for Dickerson so he could get the record? To many what ifs could have happened like the pack winning the coin toss and the dangerousness of Rogers picking on Cherreals the likelihood getting a touchdown winning the game would have canceled out the good gesture.
    Take the win to keep egg off face.

mike_leclaire
    Grand Rapids, MN

I would have loved to see AD get the record but would rather have them in the playoffs as it gives him a better shot at the MVP. Here is my two cents, if they would have let AP try to put the ball in the end zone at the end of the game and failed, the Packers would have won the toss in OT and drove the field for a TD thus not allowing AD at a chance to break the record anyway.

BTW way to go Blair Walsh for extending his NFL record to 10 50+ field goals in a seaon, that may be a record that stands for quite awhile.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.