lx-7

• Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

So i bought an lx7 last night ran it through the paces at home seemed ok other than battery voltage on the meter said 9 volts so i thought no big deal charge it and it will be good to go. So i charged all night till suplied charger was green and still at 9 volts (it does go to 13 volts briefly but for the most part its stuck at 9) so i bought another battery and am out fishing….same problem. The manual says it wants 11 or more volts to work correctly and my question is do i have a faulty unit or am i just needing more ice time with it and is the voltage at 9 normal? Thanks for the help!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

So i bought an lx7 last night ran it through the paces at home seemed ok other than battery voltage on the meter said 9 volts so i thought no big deal charge it and it will be good to go. So i charged all night till suplied charger was green and still at 9 volts (it does go to 13 volts briefly but for the most part its stuck at 9) so i bought another battery and am out fishing….same problem. The manual says it wants 11 or more volts to work correctly and my question is do i have a faulty unit or am i just needing more ice time with it and is the voltage at 9 normal? Thanks for the help!

9 Volts isn’t normal. Sounds like the gauge is wonky. You should be at or around 13 volts when fully charged. Your voltage will slowly fall throughout a period of use. Is the unit functioning normally otherwise?

Nick Dennison
    Rochester MN

As best as i can tell it is. Awefully hard to get the sensitivity and target adjust to jive though im gonna need more tinker time to be able to say if its working good i guess thanks for the fast response time james

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Check your battery voltage with an meter,if it is truly 9 volts it should not even work…
    11 volts is a dead battery

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.