Someone hits the Mother load

• damman
    Pepin county Wi

So the previews for the seson premier of Gold Rush they say someone hits the Mother load, any guesses who? Sure the heck hope it isn’t Dakota Fred.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I havent seen anything except for the first season. Those guys were complete morons inside and out. DF had the common sense and experience none of them had. He tried to fix stupid but proved it cant be done.

Is there a season 2 I missed?

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Dakota fred is a snake in the grass. I bet he is the one who hits the motherlode.

huskerdu

I hope its not Fred-I am from Minot, and dont care much for Fred. Fred took the lease but, someone didnt renew of pay for the renewal!

BBKK
    IA

Its Fred. They are sitting on it, just have to get it out of the ground.

Fred did not steal anything, if you read some of the newspapers and actual info about it, he did not do anything wrong. The producers made him out to be an a-hole and he currently has a lawsuit filed against them for deformation of character. They made all that crap up about him stealing the lease.

The hoffmans did not pay for the lease the 2nd year, they “forgot about it”. They just assumed that since they had it last year, that they had it this year too which anybody in their right mind would know not to do. They are idiots through and through.

Since they did not lease it, the owner took Fred up on a offer that Fred had submitted FIVE YEARS EARLIER to buy the claim. Not to lease it, to BUY IT. The owner has every right in the world to sell the claim if he did not lease it, and since the hoffmans did not lease it (idiots) he sold it to Fred.

You have to remember Fred has been good friends with the owner for 30 years and had a standing offer to buy it for 5 years… I think he has every right to own it, even if the group of idiots found gold there.

Jesse Krook
    Y.M.H.

Quote:

I think they are going on season 3

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

What happened to the Amazon gold claim?
    I thought I seen a show/comercial where they were going to Central America.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Idiots are idiots and the hoffmans take that to a new level.

I quit watching as a train wreck may look cool the first time but time after time it gets boring, and they were a continuing train wreck.

I hope Parker does ok, I don’t have anything against DF, but I like the kid, I think he’s learning about life from his mistakes and hope he does well.

Al

Randy Wieland
    Lebanon. WI

Quote:

I hope Parker does ok, I don’t have anything against DF, but I like the kid, I think he’s learning about life from his mistakes and hope he does well.

Al

X2 Great kid, good family ethics and values!

JoeMX1825
    MN

so the Discovery channel finally got smart and buried a bunch of gold somewhere on the claim for one of these “crews” to accidentally find this season…Finally we can close the book on the existance of the “Glory Hole”…The show is an absolute crock of $#&% and insulting to viewers…My favorite part is when they huddle around in a circle and ask God for gold…or talk about how they are keeping the american dream alive…I will not be watching…

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Its Fred. They are sitting on it, just have to get it out of the ground.

Fred did not steal anything, if you read some of the newspapers and actual info about it, he did not do anything wrong. The producers made him out to be an a-hole and he currently has a lawsuit filed against them for deformation of character. They made all that crap up about him stealing the lease.

The hoffmans did not pay for the lease the 2nd year, they “forgot about it”. They just assumed that since they had it last year, that they had it this year too which anybody in their right mind would know not to do. They are idiots through and through.

Since they did not lease it, the owner took Fred up on a offer that Fred had submitted FIVE YEARS EARLIER to buy the claim. Not to lease it, to BUY IT. The owner has every right in the world to sell the claim if he did not lease it, and since the hoffmans did not lease it (idiots) he sold it to Fred.

You have to remember Fred has been good friends with the owner for 30 years and had a standing offer to buy it for 5 years… I think he has every right to own it, even if the group of idiots found gold there.

100% spot ON! Recently I was up in Minot and did some buisness with some people that know the situation very well. Fred and the claim owner have known each other for a very long time and Fred had been mining that for years prior to the Hoffman boys coming there 2 years ago. Hoffman forgot to pay his lease in the wintertime and Fred took it, it’s how business works and is not dirty. Plus, the claim owner GETS PAID a percentage of the gold pulled from the ground so why would he want Todd Hoffman fumbling around with 17 ounces each summer??? It was a very good business decision for the claim owner not to just look the other way. Just sayin’

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Finally we can close the book on the existance of the “Glory Hole”

Am I the only one who laughs uncontrollably every time the crazy old coot squaks something like “I want to find the Glory Hole”?

Huh huh, glory hole.

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

Defamation? Lol.. still a snake in the grass in my eyes.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Ha, please explain why

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Ha, please explain why

Because some people dont understand that DF was mining that claim and had an offer to buy it YEARS before the hoffmans even thought about mining gold. The hoffmans did not find anything, they do not have the rights to any of it. It was found years ago by the claim owner and DF, they are just digging a hole… and they cant even dig a hole correctly.

The hoffmans were a bunch of idiots who had no idea what they were doing, they dont deserve a claim like that. They did NOT find the glory hole, the claim owner told them where it was because he AND DAKOTA FRED mined it 20 years earlier. He let the hoffmans take their shot at it and they failed miserably. So instead of letting them jerk around for another year and have the claim owner making no money, he decided to get out of the game and sell it to a good friend of his that knows what he is doing.

If anyone has the right to be there, DF does.. he found that gold and mined there before little hoffman was out of highschool.

The hoffmans are doing alright, they are all millionaires from the proceeds of the show. The crap about them being dirt poor and needing to borrow money to get there and back is an act.

Take that pawn stars show for example. They make that out to be a bunch of working class pawn shop owners and poor chum. Chum is worth over 3 million dollars and has dozens of high end cars.

Some of you fall for the TV BS and judge people the way the producers want you to. Not everything is how you see it on TV. The producers are always going to make the hoffman crew look like poor old gold miners trying to make a living chasing a dream, and everyone that gets in their way is going to be a thieving a##hole.

t-ellis
    Colorado Springs, CO

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ha, please explain why

Because some people dont understand that DF was mining that claim and had an offer to buy it YEARS before the hoffmans even thought about mining gold. The hoffmans did not find anything, they do not have the rights to any of it. It was found years ago by the claim owner and DF, they are just digging a hole… and they cant even dig a hole correctly.

The hoffmans were a bunch of idiots who had no idea what they were doing, they dont deserve a claim like that. They did NOT find the glory hole, the claim owner told them where it was because he AND DAKOTA FRED mined it 20 years earlier. He let the hoffmans take their shot at it and they failed miserably. So instead of letting them jerk around for another year and have the claim owner making no money, he decided to get out of the game and sell it to a good friend of his that knows what he is doing.

If anyone has the right to be there, DF does.. he found that gold and mined there before little hoffman was out of highschool.

The hoffmans are doing alright, they are all millionaires from the proceeds of the show. The crap about them being dirt poor and needing to borrow money to get there and back is an act.

Take that pawn stars show for example. They make that out to be a bunch of working class pawn shop owners and poor chum. Chum is worth over 3 million dollars and has dozens of high end cars.

Some of you fall for the TV BS and judge people the way the producers want you to. Not everything is how you see it on TV. The producers are always going to make the hoffman crew look like poor old gold miners trying to make a living chasing a dream, and everyone that gets in their way is going to be a thieving a##hole.

Can you provide your sources confirming all the Hoffmans and show cast are millionaires and that Chum is worth $3 million? I don’t know and would like to read about them.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

The real winner from this season is going to be Parker if they go forward with the plan for him to work that Yukon claim with that Tony character.

It was that Tony guy who was working that big Yukon claim near the Hoffman’s that REALLY knows what he’s doing.

It just shows what total freaking rookies the assclown Hoffmans were when Tony had to tell them that he doesn’t even stick a shovel in the ground until he has a core sample pulled so he knows where the gold is and how much gold is there. Otherwise you’re blind mining like the Hoffman’s and p!22ing away money hoping you get lucky and hit a “glory hole”. How’d that “glory hole” work out for you in season 1 there Todd the Rod.

Because they are total rookies, the Hoffmans have probably washed away twice as much gold as they’ve collected by not having their wash plant set up and dialed in correctly from the start. Again, they needed Tony to come in and show them how badly they were screwing up and that’s after they washed thousands of yards of material and got next to nothing.

Assuming they go forward with the plan to have Parker working for Tony, then he’ll be the real winner by learning how it’s done from somebody who knows what he’s doing.

Grouse

BBKK
    IA

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Ha, please explain why

Can you provide your sources confirming all the Hoffmans and show cast are millionaires and that Chum is worth $3 million? I don’t know and would like to read about them.

It was one of the big news stations, MSNBC I think. They did a show on celebrities of the hit reality shows and how most of it is a farce just to get viewers.

Chum can also be seen on Top Gear where he explains his cars and that he drives a $180,000 Maserati as an every day car. Plus he has bought two cars and a motorcycle off the pawn shop on the show.. you think a poor pawn shop worker can afford 2 cars (one fully customized by Count), and a motorcycle (fully restored, also by Count) on his shop salary?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Here is ONE of chum’s Maseratis http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JXIUTYOz9Wg

Just a poor pawn shop employee trying to make it in vegas.

Wise investment Chum..(If it’s not a rental!!!) You seemed way smarter on the show, You wouldnt waste 160k like that would you?

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

Assuming they go forward with the plan to have Parker working for Tony, then he’ll be the real winner by learning how it’s done from somebody who knows what he’s doing.

If I remember correctly, wasn’t Parker pretty sweet on Tony’s daughter, too?

Yeah, it’s going to work out well for him. The kid has a good head on his shoulders and isn’t afraid to work hard. He just needs to stop sassing his mom on tv

garryhs

While all these clowns are digging and washing dirt, looking for little tiny bits of gold, it was the cameraman from the gold rush team that hits the motherload, when he trips over a 16lb nugget. He could not believe his luck…

LOL. Funny !

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

With Freds son and female friend finding that crevice down twards the bottom of the glory hole, and then buying the dredge to pull the gold out of that crevice, and finding one heck of alot of gold in just that 4 or 5 hr period, enough that it changed Freds mind about use the Excavator and the usefullness of the dredge, I know Fred has a good shot at who finds the glory hole, but I don’t know forsure.

It looks like Parker is on the edge of finding it too because the last show showed him with good gold now in the sluce and hes just started to find it where he though it would be.

The Hoffmans have made mistakes by useing, the learning on the job curve way of doing things, but now they moved to where the other sluce is and are proccessing day and night. With two shifts what was the total of the two shifts after they cleaned the sluce, I think almost 3 times the amount that Dave Turin got with the day shift only. Thier processing so much pay dirt they were about to run out and had to haul new pay dirt at night and dump it over that hill just to keep the plant running.

Now with Fred almost at the bottom of the glory hole and finding that huge amount with the dredge, with that being a good indicator on how much might be at the bottom of where hes digging.

Now parker is on the edge of what is now produceing a sluce with so much gold in it that the whole crew said they haven’t seen that much yellow in a sluce ever befor.

And with the Hoffman crew pushing the 3/4 million dollar mark with plenty more of good pay dirt to process I don’t know whos going to find the most.

On one of the previews it showed Jack hoffman setting at the table with 7 or 8 quart jars that were completely full of gold, so who knows who found it. Maybe the Hoffmans ended up finding the most and maybe the others all come in a very close second because thier all on good gold now. With 6 jars and how much each jar weighs, maybe 10 pounds a quart jar and at $27,000 a pound, at 10 pounds a jar that $270,000 a jar, x’s 6 jars thats about 1.6 million on the table with Jack hoffman sitting beside it.

No doubt about it Tony Beets is the old pro and I’ll bet he had to learn the ropes too just like everybody else thats been up there for as long or longer then he has,,,,, I wonder who really does find the most, it looks like thier all on good gold now.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Quote:

That is a whole nother show… sunday nights. Bamazon…its a bunch of out of work guys from Alabama.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Quote:

That is a whole nother show… sunday nights. Bamazon…its a bunch of out of work guys from Alabama.

They also did a show with the Gold Rush crews too. I think it was last summer.

BBKK
    IA

I don’t know how the show is going to end… but I assume it will end with the hoffmans finding a bunch of gold. The problem is, they have 20 guys working and they are going night and day… that’s over twice the manpower and work than the rest of the groups are doing. So if you cut the hoffmans gold in half to even it out, they haven’t found squat.
    If you look at it as amount of gold found per person on the team, fred’s team has the rest beat by a landslide.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

I havent seen anything except for the first season. Those guys were complete morons inside and out. DF had the common sense and experience none of them had. He tried to fix stupid but proved it cant be done.

Still beats the heck out of watching Honey Bo Bo but if thats the type of show a person likes to each their own.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

I know Tony Beets mines hard and I’m thinking back wheather or not I heard him say he has crews going at night too. In some old videos I’ve seen befor on TV about gold mineing, not related to the show, I seen guys washing hillsides and areas with high pressure hoses and then its washed down through a sluce. A question that comes to mind is any of these guys that aren’t doing it like Tony, actually doing it correctly. An example is one of parkers crew members brought up a pan with gold in it and showed parker there was enough in it to process it. Parker was after higher concentrations but if he was doing it like Tony Beets he would have recovered alot more gold, atleast enough to pay wages and fuel costs, and dumping it over the hillsides and going days without finding any at all. I know he test pans areas ans some aren’t worth running through the sluce, but parkers crew showed him that hes dumping dirt over the hillside where he could make money.

Tonys way of doing it is hes recovering everything thats in the ground and washing it through the sluce with high pressure hoses. It looks like parker is an old school miner and has the habits that his grandfather used. What would happen if he washed everything like tonys been doing.

Freds already said some of the ground holds gold but in opinion it isn’t worth putting through his sluce and maybe the concentrations aren’t high enough, but has he washed any of it to try to atleast get some of it.

I think in all the areas that Tony’s mined through the years hes found out recover everything you can get by washing every little bit thats in the ground through a sluce, with the frames of mind that its better then nothing.

Test drilling tells Tony whats down in the ground and if its even worth washing with high pressure hoses, he knows his minimum. The hoffmans last dig in this same area where the sluce is left alot of unprocessed gravel still laying on bedrock. What if the Hoffmans used hoses and washed it into concentrations piles where they could then pick it up with the end loader. What if theres alot of gold in the cracks of the bedrock that the hoffmans are leaving by just processing everything down to the bedrock and leaving whats in the cracks and crevices of the bedrock. Id like to see them wash an acre down to solid bedrock, process that gravel and then see what was there. Evidently Tony Beets thinks useing just excavators and endloaders isn’t the only way to do things to get as much gold as you can, he washes everything clean. I wonder how many cracks and crevices hes washed gold out of that he would have passed over useing just the endloader. With Freds son and female worker washing what was out of those couple cracks and ending up find about %40,000 in just 4 or 5 hours, why aren’t the Hoffmans washing the bedrock like Tony Beets is. Thats why Tony shows cake and casarole pans with pounds of gold in them because hes washing everything includeing the bedrock. Tony’s got it down thats forsure.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.