Boston travel advice, please.

• TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

I’ll be heading out to Boston later this month and then onward up to Maine.

The outbound trip is easy, arrive in BOS at 11.00 AM, get rental car, and head (probably slowly)north to Maine.

The homebound leg is a problem. We’ll have to overnight in BOS to catch the homeward flight in the morning.

Questions:

1. Anyone have any good ideas for hotels near the airport? I’d prefer, obviously, one that had a shuttle.

Ideally, I’d like to dump the rental car the night we get back into Boston and then just take an airport shuttle to the hotel and back to the airport in the morning.

2. Any interesting stuff to do near hotel above the last night of the trip?

I get that Boston is expensive and I’ve been there before, but it was always on business so the hotel, restrauants, bars, etc were all chosen by the local clients and I’ve never had to figure out anything in Beantown on my own.

Many thanks to the frequent flyers out there.

Grouse

carroll58
    Twin Cities, USA

If ya like food Hot-n-Spicy, try this place,
    So dangerous you have to sign a waiver: Restaurant’s ‘Pasta Plate from Hell’ packs a powerful (and spicy) punch
    link to article on the East Coast Grill

Haven’t been there yet, but planning next year.
    The adds the Heat!

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

This will be of ZERO help to you but, hey, I’ve got nothing else to do.

I know you are a big stadium fan. Before turning the rental in head over to the stadium the Krafts built for the Patriots.(Foxboro) It’s loaded with shoppes and hotels. There you will see why Ziggy needed all our money for his stadium. Krafts were able to build Gillett stadium WITHOUT public finacing. Go see what a dump it is.

Come to think of it, check the NFL schedule. If the Patriots are on the road you might be able to score a decent motel there. I’m sure the shuttles will run to the airport.

OK, enough time wasted.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Dutch, it pains me to admit it, but here you go: You are right. There, I said it.

You are 100% right. Your reply was of zero help.

But don’t think I don’t still love you.

Grouse

Grouse_Dog
    The Shores of Lake Harriet

Dump the car and try to stay in Boston proper. A cab ride to Logan is only about $25 and staying in Boston is worth it. There are many rental car drop offs in Boston.

Many cheap hotels – just go on Expedia, Orbitz, etc.

If you get there early – there are amazing tours of the city that are of early American historical significance. (Just ask Sarah Palin – lol) Anyone and any hotel can point you in the right direction. Easy to go self-guided, too.

Newbury is a very fun street with lots of bars, shopping, etc.

If you like Italian food – the North End is its own Little Italy and has amazing eats. Since it is your last night – that is where I would go.

Enjoy!

Dog

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

union bay oyster house to eat…….thats all you need to know

mrwalleye
    MN

Most hotel’s in Boston are going to bend you over and make you take it but for the money this one is good.
    it’s still going to run you $200+ a night but you dont need the car.
    Hyatt Harborside at Boston Logan.
    Great views of the harbor and convenient to Water Taxi’s get a case of beer and sit by the fire pit on the patio and take in the scenery

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Quote:

union bay oyster house to eat…….thats all you need to know

Roger wilco. I’ll be sitting on 8 dry-ice packed Maine lobsters on the plane ride home, but who am I not to take advantage of one more chance. . .

Quote:

Most hotel’s in Boston are going to bend you over and make you take it but for the money this one is good.
    it’s still going to run you $200+ a night but you dont need the car.
    Hyatt Harborside at Boston Logan.
    Great views of the harbor and convenient to Water Taxi’s get a case of beer and sit by the fire pit on the patio and take in the scenery

Now we’re talking. Just looked up Hyatt. Mrs. Grouse is a frequent traveler and is hotel-fussy, but that will probably be good enough to get the stamp of approval.

Grouse

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.