Tomah WI area travel question

• sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Hey WI crew, travel question. I usually cut off I-90 at Oakdale and shoot up PP to Hwy 21 going east to visit family. Someone told me Hwy 21 is closed with a detour north on 173 up to Babcock and back down 80 to Necedah with construction at the Lemonweir River. Looking at the map it appears PP is east of that. Can I still get thru or do I need to travel further east on 90 before I cut up to 21? Thanks for any help.

scottie56005

Phone conversation I had today with an antique store owner led me to believe the “bridge” is closed. Nice guy but not sure how accurate the info is/was. You staying near by or in Tomah?

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

No headed over to Manitowoc. 21 to Oshkosh and then up and across on 10.

targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

As of last week you were able to get all the way to Necadah if you took pp to hwy 21. The construction was between Wyeville and Shennington. They might have started more bridges since then though. You can always call the dot or state patrol.

Dave Bonjour
    Menomonie Wisc

most of the truck drivers out of Tomah are going east on I 90 to New Lisbon and take hiway 80 north up to hiway 21

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Came throught there today. Stay on 90-94 to New Lisbon then take Hyw. 80 north to Necedah. After that it’s clear sailing. Be aware that the hyw 21 interchange at Oshkosh is also closed. The detour there takes you down 49 to Berlin and then 191 to hyw. 41. Drive safe.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

The shortest way is to go all the way down to Mauston-exit # 69 and take Hwy 82E… follow that east until you get to Hwy 23E…This takes you to Fon du Lac…Out of Fond du Lac take Hwy 151N into Manitowoc , or stay on 23 until Sheboygan and go North.

Been using this route for years…both going fishing and driving truck.

This way you miss all the construction on Hwy 41N in Oshkosh too

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Mud…would this be the quickest way to Green Bay also? I am taking the kids to Packer Family Night this Friday.

Ted

sgt._rock
    Rochester, MN

Thanks for the info guys. Mud@ I’m very familiar with that route. I agree the construction on 41 is a pain but the route taken depends on destination. I’m headed north of Manitowoc. And Ted that route would be too long for a Packer trip. If the 41 construction is bad you could shoot up 49 and come in on 10 to avoid the west side of the lake.

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

What I did last week when I visited the grandkid in Green Bay was go through WI Rapids…
    Tomah to 21 to 173 to all the way to Rapids (there is a little short cut in the Rapids area) to 54 all the way to Green Bay…
    With the detour just before GB it puts you right at the stadium….
    Same time-wise and miles…

Give me a PM if’n your want more detail

Ted Wedul
    holmen, wi

Thanks guys!! Glad I logged on here this week…lol

Ted

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.