A Mild Stone

• bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

30 years ago on this day when James Holst was celebrating his 10th Birthday , I started working for a telephone company. It only took a few months to realize I didn’t want to be on a shovel forever. I kept busting butt however and then the rewards started coming.
    I was soon running equipment, from there I learned splicing of fiber and copper cable. Then after a few classes I was engineering and drawing plant design in CAD for the communications company. As far as the outside plant world lessons and knowledge was gained from the first hole dug to the actual design of Outside plant, copper and fiber.
    There have been many friends made and many have come and gone. I feel lucky to have been with the same company for 30years.

Hope they keep me around for a while longer!

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

relax. cutting the guys who ‘Git Er Dun’ is luckily a last resort.

CONGRATS!!

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Congrats Bret! Don’t hear a lot of stories about 30 year tenure any more.

Joel Ballweg
    Sauk City, Wisconsin

Congrats and well done Bret!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Congrats on 30 So far I have had company tenures of 5 yrs, 10 yrs, 2 yrs and now I am at 10 yrs again Hope to make it another 15 or so here until done

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

Way to go Buddy you are now a pillar of the company But there were a few times that we both thought we were outa there. Good thing they had a sense of humor heh?

joemama
    North St Paul

30 years at any organization is a long time which used to be the goal and the sign of a great company and work force
    … current organizations what 5 and then to get rid of you for something new… i got 32 at mine

armchairdeity
    Phoenix, AZ, formerly from the NW 'Burbs, Minneapolis, MN, USA

Wow. I was 9.

And I’ve had at least a half-dozen jobs in my adult life.

Hats off, dude…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.