BF Good. Mud vs. Firestone M/T’s

• Jake_A

Just looking for a little feedback on both these tires-looking at getting BF Goodrich Mud Terrains vs. Firestone Destination M/T’s. The main thing I am concerned with is snow performance. I know traditionally mud terrain style tires are not the best thing for icy and snowy conditions. Anyone had either tires on a truck (I have an ’01 Silverado 1500 4×4)? And if so, what are your thoughts? I have it narrowed down to these two tires..now I just need a little bit of persuasion

Thanks guys!

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Just from past product experience and my gut I say BF’s. Hopefully someone can give you some qualitiy feedback. Good luck. I just ordered tires and am waiting for delivery. BF’s too.

trapsht
    Rockford, Il

I’ve had BF’s in the past and they were great, but not as good as the Bridgestone Dueler MT’s. Awesome tires.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

I would go with the BF’s, I have never been impressed with firestones rubber, it seems to harden over the years faster than others and are very slick by year 3. It may have just been the couple of sets that I went through. IMHO.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I myself have never had good luck with Fire Stone tires. If these were my 2 choices I’d go with BF tires. From personal experience, I would have a problem going away from Good Year now.

Art Green
    Brookfield,WI

BF GOOD definetly(As a former mudder in my younger days)Never had problems in the snow either.

Jake_A

For those of you that have had the BF Goodrich Mud terrains, How would you rate them in the snow/winter?

navigator175

Check out the Nitto tera grapplers in 10 ply..650 depth of tread.aggressive yet very quiet.great in the snow.average on ice but I dont know of any that are very good on ice. 12000. Miles so far and very pleased.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.