Northland Tackle Customer Service

• Willy D
    Nipawin, SK

Just want to give a great big shout out to Northland Tackle Customer Service.I have used the rock runner and rock runner slip bouncers exclusively for the last 10+ years and will use nothing else.This past spring while at Cabelas at Rogers I noticed the new Slick Stick.I did not purchase at the time and did figure they were a little pricey.Fast foward to last week while in Bass Pro in Calgary,AB I ended up bitting the bullet and purchased a dozen(around $120.00)to added to the bouncer bag. Yesterday we went out on Tobin Lake to the big lake and had an awesome 6hrs. We caught probably 20+ walleye in the 24 to 27 inch range. I used the slick sticks and was in impressed with the feel back from the weight as to bottom type, but what did not impress me was on 4 different snags I got my hooks and blades back but no slick stick. The plastic quick change clevis for the weight would shatter. I phoned Northland this morning and they had absolutely no problem replacing the 4 slick sticks or sending me a refund check. I was quite(scratch that) VERY impressed. I do really like the feel I get back from the slick stick but I am going to try and figure out a different way of attatching to line.

Thank You Very Much and way to go Northland Tackle
    From a very satisfied customer

BBKK
    IA

You confirmed what I have been thinking. When I first looked at them I thought “there is no way a quick change clevis would be able to handle a big weight like that getting caught in the rocks”. I use a small snap on my lindy rigs so I can change weights any time I want. Slides up and down the line perfectly.

flstick
    Northeast metro

I have had the same problem with the clevis on the slick sticks. So I went to a local bait shop and picked up some sinker slides and haven’t had a problem since. Basically it’s a 1 1/4″ plastic tube with a snap off the bottom.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.