No more AIS stickers!

• Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

What a fricking waste of money that was!!! Glad I didn’t put one on my boat

Quote:

A program requiring watercraft owners to place an AIS rules sticker on their boats is being discontinued and replaced with an online education program. Watercraft owners will no longer be required to place on their boats the rectangular, silver and black decals, which include a summary of the state’s AIS laws.

Link

timmy

On to the next debacle……

What about people without computers. Believe it or not – there are a lot of fisherman not online……

Let the buffoonery begin!

Mudshark
    LaCrosse WI

Well I think it’s pretty

I’m putting mine on anyway

desperado

Quote:

What about people without computers. Believe it or not – there are a lot of fisherman not online……

resistance is futile; you will be assimilated

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Circle jerk just doesnt quite cover this one…

onestout
    Hudson, WI

hopefully sometime in the next 3 years they can find time to use a public computer and get it filled out. Most librarys have them free for people to use.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

How much money has already been wasted on these stickers?

desperado

Quote:

Circle jerk just doesnt quite cover this one…

I think, rather than the word “circle”, the most applicable descriptive phrase for this one would use the word “cluster”

deerdragger

Talk about timing…poor timing. I just put my bleeping stickers on my boat & trailer YESTERDAY.

Hmph.

1hl&sinker
    On the St.Croix

Quote:

What a fricking waste of money that was!!! Glad I didn’t put one on my boat

Quote:

A program requiring watercraft owners to place an AIS rules sticker on their boats is being discontinued and replaced with an online education program. Watercraft owners will no longer be required to place on their boats the rectangular, silver and black decals, which include a summary of the state’s AIS laws.

Link

Glad I dragged my feet on this one. I guess procrastination does work sometimes.

Now to drag my feet on the messed up testing that’s going to happen.
    Some one made a boat load of money off us and the contractor who gets the job to set up and issue the test he’s gonna be laughing all the way to the bank to.
    Man I got to get me one of those legislators in my pocket. How much do they cost?

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Me too. Now I have to peel them off the bottom of my felt wafer boots too!

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

What about people without computers.

Screw em. They wouldn’t contribute much to this thread anyway.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

POST DELETED BY BRIANK

ryan_mcneil
    Dodge Center, MN

Haha funny, i was going to get one today.

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

I would like to know the exact cost it was to produce all the stickers, postage for those who they sent them to, etc…

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

Quote:

I would like to know the exact cost it was to produce all the stickers, postage for those who they sent them to, etc…

Doesn’t matter, the hike in license fee’s will make up for it.
    Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Looking at the bright side…today there are more people aware of AIS than two or three weeks ago because of the on line talk…thank you Buzz, and if you’ve happened to check out google just lately to order gold star stickers for your classroom, you can’t help but see it’s all over the net.

I think our government has found a cost effective way to get the word out.

Anonymous
    Inactive

I have my sticker on already, not a big deal, i just put it by the coast guard rating plate.

BUT… I have a question

Yesterday at the access to prior lake, my dog jumped in the lake when we got back from fishing. I tried and tried, but I could not get the sticker to stick to the dog at all…

anybody have any ideas??

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Quote:

I have my sticker on already, not a big deal, i just put it by the coast guard rating plate.

BUT… I have a question

Yesterday at the access to prior lake, my dog jumped in the lake when we got back from fishing. I tried and tried, but I could not get the sticker to stick to the dog at all…

anybody have any ideas??

I bet he loves the 140 degree pressure wash at the carwash to cleanse himself!

Bob/MN

The License agency has been out of stickers. I can’t imagine people getting a ticket with no stickers available.

biggill
    East Bethel, MN

Ok, so now you have to take a course to receive a sticker to be placed on your trailer. How does that affect anyone who wants to transporta a dock from one body of water to another? Didn’t we just have someone convicted of transporting zebras from lake to lake on a dock?

No, not the mammal.

How could this possibly make more sense than that beautiful sticker I put on my boat?

Dear MN DNR,

Please continue to keep us informed about the latest changes.

Regards,
    Clueless Angler

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

All those ducks are gonna be pissed when they lose feathers while ripping of their sticker!!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Dang. I was just getting one embroidered on my swim trunks. I check them often for exotics.

eddy6053

Good timing…just put it on today!!

chirp
    Rochester

I was always told I don’t test well. Will someone tell them you have 2 boats and get me a new sticker.

Bullet21XD

Absolutely amazing.

As mentioned before. A mandatory online course you have to pay for…to earn a sticker you don’t need, as you won’t receive a citation if your not compliant.

Good Luck with that….

llong

Where did you get that you had to pay for the course?? Nowhere did I see that. Theoretically yes if you pay taxes your paying for the course, just like the stickers were free.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.