The FW is NOT going to be happy!

• Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Just let Woody outside for his last duty of the day. Our motion detector light comes on as normal as I walk towards the back yard enjoying the beautiful spring evening.

Walking back to the door I had to stop and count them. No less then 16 JUNE BUGS covering my escape into the house!

Now I made a mad dash without any trouble, but if the FW would have been out there, I would be getting a phone call from the neighbors to come and get my hysterical wife.

Yeah, no…she doesn’t do well around June Bugs.

I’m thinking the summer of 2012 is here!

chirp
    Rochester

Sounds like it is here. I’m with her though. Nasty.

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Quote:

Just let Woody outside for his last duty of the day. Our motion detector light comes on as normal as I walk towards the back yard enjoying the beautiful spring evening.

Walking back to the door I had to stop and out them. No less then 16 JUNE BUGS covering my escape into the house!

Now I made a mad dash without any trouble, but if the FW would have been out there, I would be getting a phone call from the neighbors to come and get my hysterical wife.

Yeah, no…she doesn’t do well around June Bugs.

I’m thinking the summer of 2012 is here!

Brian,

Did you get hit by the storm tonight????

I am in Woodbury and could see the clouds and lightening!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

Did you get hit by the storm tonight????

It didn’t even rain here. I thought I heard thunder though.

Nope, nutten.

jslsfish4u
    Cold Spring,MN

Hey BK,
    Was digging in one of my flower beds and they where all over in the ground. When I dig in there again in July and August, there are Sumo Grub worms. The Sumo sunfish just love them.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

When I was a youngster back when Herb and I were making dirt…Dad and I went to the “manure” pile and pilaged around until we found enough grubs and they were/are awesome sunfishing bait!

We found out two things.

1. They bite (or pinch) either way it hurt.
    2. They eat through Styrofoam bait buckets and that’s how your basement gets filled with June Bugs.

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Quote:

Just let Woody outside for his last duty of the day.

Brain, Brian, Brian this is a family friendly site no one whats to hear about your woody!

chirp
    Rochester

I’ll bet Mom was happy.

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

Be happy if its just the one! Lol, with my wife its junebugs, crickets and especialy grasshoppers! Let one jump on her and shell mow down the minnesota defense in a heartbeat!

brian_peterson
    Eagan, MN

Reminds me of back in the day……….I’d fish for cats all night, solving the worlds problems as we disposed of a stolen 12 pack from the old man’s beer fridge.Man, I miss those days, when did life become so busy? lol

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

Quote:

Quote:

Just let Woody outside for his last duty of the day.

Brain, Brian, Brian this is a family friendly site no one whats to hear about your woody!

That little pek…

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I’m pretty sure several flatheads will be caught tonight. I REALLY wish I was on the river!

I know Darren popped a 50#+. I’ve done everything but beg my nephew to get out this week before the damn front passes. If we don’t get out tonight, I am giving him an earful. You’d think he’d be all pumped since he caught one the last time out.

And since I know he lurks here, YEAH DAVE I AM TALKING TO YOU!

Oh, I also have noticed the June bugs. Hearing that buzz will strike fear into most men. Especially those times when you realize that it isn’t a June bug, but a stag beetle! Or even worse, a water bug!

millerman
    Red Wing, MN

Just tell her they taste like chicken!

mikehd
    Dousman, WI

My FW went flying across the yard the other day sounding like an Italian Opera singer after she found a poor little snake in her flower bed while we were spreading mulch. Of course my laughing didn’t make it any better. I think I’ll be allowed back in the house this weekend.

mfreeman451

my dogs really enjoy eating those things..

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

I hope my FW doesn’t ever find one in our yard. I like living where we do.

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.