Out of state boaters and Invasive Species stickers

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Did someone say stripper poles?

timschmitz
    Waconia MN

how about I chill when you quit writing such dumb stuff!!!! Nowhere do I fish, yes I have licenses in 4 other states, do I see the raping of the resources as I see in MN. Now that being said, I think there is the peception of bountiful abundance in YOUR state, which is why some of the MN residents take rules for granted. Come down here where we have limited resources and you will also see the same behavior. And what’s a trot line? A new form of square dancing?

Diddy pole/trot line same thing are you familiar with square dancing? I see the same thing (perception of abundance) by out of staters but never by the group I fish with. I’m not saying resident Minnesotans aren’t breaking the law just as bad but I think that’s only because theres more of us here.

AllenW
    Mpls, MN

When people finally figure there’s to many people and not to few fish then they can Batch.

C&R will just slightly delay the bigger problem.

Al

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

C&R will just slightly delay the bigger problem.

…and a new stadium.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

Quote:

The way the law reads you need the sticker, Mn DNR will send you one for free, no rules on where to put it, mine is on the bottom of a storage compartment,lower half has to go on your trailer by the winch.

sort of…you will actually only need the sticker that’s for the boat, NOT one on the trailer. plus, the boat sticker doesn’t even have to be attached to the boat itself, just attached to something that’s available in the boat.

i plan to attach it to a plastic card and stick it inside the clear pocket of my pedestal pal tacklebox…nothing on the boat or trailer.

Link to DNR

If a watercraft owner does not want to stick the decal on the boat because it is an antique wooden boat or other unique boat, the decal can be attached or laminated to an object like a luggage tag and kept in the boat.

The second portion of the decal is intended to be placed on the winch post of watercraft trailers or in another area to remind boaters to remove the boat’s drain plug when leaving a water access area as required by state law. It also reminds boaters to replace the plug before launching. This decal is not required by law.

BBKK
    IA

On the instructions with the tag it says to place the sticker ON your boat, and the small sticker within a certain distance of the winch on your trailer.

From what you posted, it seems your boat has to be wooden or unique for you to be able to not have it on the boat.

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I’ve got plenty of leaky rivets to cover.

Think they’ll send me 100 or so???

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

On the instructions with the tag it says to place the sticker ON your boat, and the small sticker within a certain distance of the winch on your trailer.

From what you posted, it seems your boat has to be wooden or unique for you to be able to not have it on the boat.

Unique is in the eye of the beholder. I consider mine unique and will likely use this option since I already have decorative stickers everyplace I would want a sticker.

desperado

I would consider my boat unique due merely to the fact that it happens to be the only boat which I own.

mossydan
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Everything said here about what I said is well taken and I know no one meant any harm. Its just my personal perspective on there might be a chance I might unintentionally break a law. I love to fish the Mississippi river and usually go there to fish the striper runs and work the shorelines for smallies and believe it or not throw lures for sheephead. I don’t really fish for walleys because we have some decent walleye fishing here. What I stated is that theres so many rules and regulations, pertaining to diffrent areas and the lakes in those areas that I just don’t want to take the chance on breaking one,,,Because I know the fines are stiff up there and I can loose a pole, boat or eveything. No harm was meant but I do like to fish where there isn’t a but- load of rules and regs. that must be followed. No harm was meant, its just easier to fish closer to home, although I do know where theres a couple lakes up there where 2 too 3 pound crappies are commonplace in the spring.

Viewing 11 posts - 31 through 41 (of 41 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.