Courage

• trophy19
    Maple Grove, MN

I have a question for IDO members.

What’s the most courageous thing you’ve done in your lifetime?

Given the broad range of age and experiences, I’m expecting some very interesting answers, hopefully not about catfish, sharing a fishhouse or opening a jar of Gulp.

Pete

stuart
    Mn.

Became a father.

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

Got married

pool13_jeff
    NW, IL

Divorced the mother of my children. I am now the father I never would have become, had I stayed with her.

rod-man
    Pine City, MN.

Quote:

Divorced the mother of my children. I am now the father I never would have become, had I stayed with her.

X2 Amen

olgetcher

Tryed to pass gas while in a battle with intestinal flu!

buck-slayer

Drank the stuff for my colonoscopy

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Pulling out a guy who had broken thru ice. He was standing on one foot on a rock and had water up to his chin. I was the only other guy fishing at the time too. New Years Day, don’t remember the year tho.

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

Told my Wife it looked like she put on a few pounds once…..ONCE!!!!!

heavychevy
    prole, iowa (close to martinsdale)

going back to college @ 33

redneck
    Rosemount

In my case stupid and courage may be one in the same. Several years back I had a heart attack that just about killed me. I was in Cardiac ICU for four days—they let me out at noon and by 3 oclock that same December day I was fishing on Pool 4. I just felt that if I let the heart attack take my lifestyle it might as well take my life. I remember laying in the back seat on the way home that day thinking how truly stupid I was but from that day on I have continued to live my life on my terms

starvin pilgrim

Working on the flight deck of an aircraft carrier hooking up planes to catapults. Plank Owner U.S.S.NIMITZ.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

For me so far,after 40 years of a pack-a-day and my 17th sugery, Stop Smoking!

Steve Root
    South St. Paul, MN

Cystography

hop307
    Northern Todd County

Quote:

Tryed to pass gas while in a battle with intestinal flu!

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Posted a comparison of Dean and Curt’s sausage…with pictures.

lhprop1
    Eagan

I cut the cast off my broken hand with a tin snips so I could go into a rugby match at half time.

It was the playoffs and we were losing. I was needed and I didn’t care. The coach saw it differently, though and told me he wasn’t putting me in.

I had a tough time ‘splainin’ to the doc why the cast was off, especially after she already told me I was one of the most difficult patients she ever had.

Also, see my sig.

Sharon
    SE Metro

Trying my best to be as courageous as my husband as he battled testicular cancer… twice. The repercussions of which we still both have to face every day.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.