Everts Resort 2-26-2012

• 85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Saturday morning we launched out of Everts Resort. The good thing is WE SPENT AT LEAST AN HOUR IN THE BAIT SHOP BEFORE WE WENT FISHING. We were in good company and enjoyed our morning before we hit the river. When we pulled up we were greeted by Steve, the NEW MANAGER and Joe, Jacks brother. We spent a good 15 minutes shooting the breeze with them outside before we even opened the door to the bait shop. Both Steve and Joe are genuine people and really want to make Everts a place we can all enjoy again.

After getting to know them we went in the bait shop and talked with the guy running it… He had the latest info on the hot catfish bite and suggested the latest stink bait We opted to go without bait and use some plastics we found on the wall at the resort

It was great to meet you and we look forward to the future of Everts Resort

After our day on the water we made our way up to the Bluffs to celebrate the day with some good people of P4. Joe made it up to hang out with us and enjoy the company. I didn’t see Steve, but I can only imagine he was sleeping early because he was working hard getting the cabin cleaned out to get ready for the arrival of his wife and son. Everts will now be a family friendly place for us all to enjoy any time of the year once again.

If you haven’t had the chance to meet Steve stop in and say hi.

bowhuntr24
    Somerset, Wisconsin

Everts…never heard of it?

jdoely

Good to hear! Look forward to getting down there.

john_steinhauer
    p4

That’s awesome glad to hear you had a good time!!!

Steve Plantz
    SE MN

Great to hear I am sure we will be hearing many more great stories like yours from all the happy customers at Everts!!! So how was the fishing?

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

What happened to Dean?

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

Obviously a lot of water has flowed under the 63 bridge since some of you were in touch. The events of the last year would provide grist for many stories. Suffice to say that the social & professional hub of Pool 4 is alive & well. The circle has come full.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

I’m in the bait shop right now and Dean is one of the 7 guys here standing right beside me breathing down my neck thinking I’ve hide the cookies…

I ate them already.

docfrigo
    Wisconsin

I too, second every word Russ said!

Jeremy

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

I’m in the bait shop right now and Dean is one of the 7 guys here standing right beside me breathing down my neck thinking I’ve hide the cookies…

I ate them already.

Don’t worry Dean, you didn’t miss much… I made them with cat fish oil

cupspits

I heard there stocking up on tackle again

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

They’re working on it, but not up to full speed yet.

Just as important is the Pizza Oven is back ON LINE!!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

They’re working on it, but not up to full speed yet.

Just as important is the Pizza Oven is back ON LINE!!

So you are saying we could just come down next Saturday and eat pizza and nap and then eat more pizza? I think I could talk Doc into that

big_g
    Isle, MN

I will say it…..

Are the ramps open ???

wes_bergemann
    Crystal, MN

Good to hear of the positive changes happening! Will be visiting soon!

eyesfishin
    Somerset, WI

Nice to hear a good Everts report!!

sandmannd

Did I miss something? Is Dean back?

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Link<<

Dean is very happy at Skeeter Boat Center…well he sure had a big smile on his face today anyway.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Rumor has it (I heard this weekend) Dean has the time now and is teaming up & hitting a few Walleye Tourneys this year Pretty sure I will see him at a few weigh-ins

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

I came down for the first time this year, but after who greeted me at the door, don’t know if I will be back again…

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I too had a wonderful chat with both Steve and Joe. I GREAT surprise!!! Wonderful people. The resort is in good hands again and the future looks bright!!

walleye_slayer
    cannon falls, mn

back at everts saturday and sunday nice to see BK and cant wait to be be back this weekend. maybe i will get to meet steve next week.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster

Quote:

I came down for the first time this year, but after who greeted me at the door, don’t know if I will be back again…

Seldom used but oh so powerful….

Steve will be around next weekend. I’m not so sure about Joe…if he doesn’t take care of his back.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

Thanks Russ, Very nice to know, and it was expected.
    How was the Cat bite?

Jack

fast1
    hastings mn

I was down today and seems to be a good vib!

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

Quote:

Thanks Russ, Very nice to know, and it was expected.

How was the Cat bite?

Jack

We snagged quite a few 50lb flats, we only kept the bigger ones though

scott-k
    Red Wing

Nice post! and nice that fishing is the conversation at Evert’s again. Can’t wait to run over and see Steve this week!

nick
    Lakeville, MN

This thread makes me happy, good reason to clean to boat off, and head on down now

walleyejoe
    Litchfield, MN

After hearing the news of the RECENT change at everts, I had to give them some business today. I walked into the bait shop and who was the first to smile at me….BK. Its good to see him back there but it looks like he put on a few pounds over the break of employment at everts.

I was able to meet Joe and sit and shoot the poop with him and all I can say is its about f***ing time that bait shop got rid of the rodent problem. I cant wait to meet steve and share some stories with him.

EVERT’S IS BACK BABY

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 44 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.