• xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

anybody know any good fishing or lake map/gps app for the android

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

Navionics for US or US and Canada.

matt-p
    White Bear Lake, MN

I agree I have been running the Navionics the last few weeks since I started to go to school at UW Stout. It does what I need it to do. The gps seems to be a little slow(maybe its the area I’m in) but its accurate.

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

do you have it and how do you like it

Corey Rhymer
    Roberts, WI

The best lake map and gps for 10$

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

I bought it this week. So far so good. It has most of the lakes I fish (can find a list on their site under the category button). No compass tho (as far as I can see). But there must be an additional app out there for that if you want it. For $9.99 I am not complaining. For lakes it lacks… I use the free DNR app. Granted I have not used it yet on soft water… I think it is worth the money. I will try today to download my most hit lakes and store them on my phone. Downloading them (free) is a nice feature because getting a connection (to load your map) out on the lake is sometimes difficult.

PS – If you are a klutz like me – I would recommend an OtterBox Defender to protect your droid if you are taking it out on the boat. Not water proof but built tough.

Tight lines, loose women.
    Boogs

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Navionics US Lakes is a must. You’ll like it.

Booger, funny you should say that. The last time I was on a lake I think I clicked the little arrow shaped icon and it started doing something it didn’t on previous releases.

I expected it to just find my location, but it ended up also point the arrow, my location, in the direction I was facing. Man was that a cool discovery. It is sometimes hard to get you bearings when looking at the map and this solved that problem.

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

ps – the cheapest OtterBox Defender price is on Amazon (about $26). Nearly everywhere else…. $50.

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

Quote:

but it ended up also point the arrow, my location, in the direction I was facing.

Cool!

mrwalleye
    MN

Quote:

ps – the cheapest OtterBox Defender price is on Amazon (about $26). Nearly everywhere else…. $50.

Check out the SEAL LINE case, only about $20 its like a zip loc bag that you can put a lanyard on

I LOVE the one I have

Boogerbreath
    Bemidji, MN

So I downloaded a couple lakes… it did not give me the chance to name the lake/file after it finished. Where are they so I can call the downloaded map back up when I do not have a connection? I searched all over the “search” area. Do they just show up on my map as a detailed map (as if I did have a connection)? Anyone? Anyone?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

The lake contour maps are downloaded so that when you are on a Lake you don’t have to rely on a network connection.

When I first installed it, I made square outlining the area to download big enough to cover most, if not all, the lakes I fish.

If you end up planning on fishing outside the area you downloaded before, just make sure to redownload by moving the box.

You’ll want to download with on a Wifi network.

If you already did this and are saying the contours are not showing up, play around with the map settings. In the previous version, certain settings and overlays would hide the contour depth labels and or the contours themselves. Try unchecking the map overlay box.

Just opened up my app and the first press on the arrow in the lower right corner finds your location. A second click will track the direction you are facing.

stuart
    Mn.

Picking up the Droid Razr Maxx tomarrow.Can the apps be transferred off my old Droid?

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

As long as you use the same login to Google market account, you should be able to download all your apps you bought.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.