IDO On Ice and Apple TV

• mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

What a great combination. We got the Apple TV from my girlfriends mom as a present for both our birthdays. That means I get to watch the On Ice episodes on the TV. All I can say is nice.

…that reminds me. I need to figure out what I am getting Michelle for her birthday in a couple weeks.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

The HD version offered by Youtube is NICE if you have the bandwidth to handle it.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

PS – the guys are darn near overwhelming us with videos right now. Grant sent another from the St. Louis. Cal is in with one from Lake Vermillion catching crappies. I think we’re averaging one every other day for the month so far. And 2/3 of the guys with equipment are still just starting to get up to speed. IF everyone gets rolling I think it safe to expect multiple vids per day from all over the midwest. Kind of exciting.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

The HD version offered by Youtube is NICE if you have the bandwidth to handle it.

I am watching them on the Apple TV through YouTube. I am not sure if it streams the HD version, but judging by the quality, I think it is. I’d be surprised if someone said otherwise.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Quote:

Kind of exciting.

Kind of?? Thats gonna be AWSOME!!! Who ever came up with idea is a genius…just saying

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

keep them coming James…..they are interesting and i get upset when they seem to end so soon…..lol……needless to say i think you guys shot a show on one of my gems…..looking foreward to seeing it….

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Just a test here… embedding a playlist for the first time.

Hold my beer and watch this!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

If you click the playlist tab you can scroll through all the On Ice vids for that particular playlist which in this case would be all the vids for January 2012.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Quote:

Kind of exciting.

Kind of?? Thats gonna be AWSOME!!! Who ever came up with idea is a genius…just saying

I have my moments. Certainly I get no credit for concept of using video in this way but putting the infrastructure together to pull it off and then finding sponsors for the project, well, what can I say?!

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

keep them coming James…..they are interesting and i get upset when they seem to end so soon…..lol……needless to say i think you guys shot a show on one of my gems…..looking foreward to seeing it….

We’ll keep cranking them out. And hopefully we do your gem justice.

kruger
    Metro,mn

Brilliant! James this is one of the best ideas to come along in a very long time!! I thank you for keeping me glued to the computer…when Im not fishing that is

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

Brilliant! James this is one of the best ideas to come along in a very long time!! I thank you for keeping me glued to the computer…when Im not fishing that is

Tell you friends to check us out! We’ll keep adding equipment and guys to use it.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I agree this is a brilliant idea James. Are you going to keep this going through the open water season too?

Joel

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I agree this is a brilliant idea James. Are you going to keep this going through the open water season too?

Joel

Yes. No question about it.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I’d like to add I have been seeing some other attempts at a similar series, but they aren’t close. IDO’s On Ice series is the best. Not saying I won’t watch the others, but the quality of IDO’s series has no peer.

James Holst
    Keymaster
    SE Minnesota

Quote:

I’d like to add I have been seeing some other attempts at a similar series, but they aren’t close. IDO’s On Ice series is the best. Not saying I won’t watch the others, but the quality of IDO’s series has no peer.

You never get ahead by following. Just sayin.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.