Wi. Holiday hunt

• Jeff Bennett
    Lake Puckaway Wi.

How many folks are going to be hunting this season? The wife could not hunt yet this year because of sugery so going to get her out for this to watch for a big buck.

From Jeff

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I’ll be going for sure.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Holiday hunt? Where/when?

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

Quote:

CWD killem all zone holiday hunt.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

ahhh. Thanks. I was hoping it wasnt herd control zones. They already had their Dec “lets kill a few more for good measure even though we need them to carry on the species”
    hunt…

mark_johnson
    St. Croix River

Quote:

Quote:

CWD killem all zone holiday hunt.

2x. Its not state wide, just CWD zone. The DNR has created some confusion in this though and I have a feeling there will be more than one attempt to register a gun killed deer outside the CWD zone.
    DNR cust. service rep said she is getting tons of calls about this…

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

sounds like i should be buying a WI NR tag…

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

I am going to hunt some with my daughter. Not sure it will be worth it. I’m not sure I’ve had a trail cam picture of a deer during the day since Thanksgiving.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

With some bucks having shed already it could get even uglier

DrewH
    s/w WI.

Come on over. Kill as many of them you can. Hand granades, missile, snares and what ever. When they down to 3 or 4 per square miles they will declare they are at goal.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

Quote:

Come on over. Kill as many of them you can. Hand granades, missile, snares and what ever. When they down to 3 or 4 per square miles they will declare they are at goal.

Not all of us are “if it is brown it’s down” type hunters that kill just because they can. Some of us will be hunting on private property that has yet to be hunted and in need of some deer being harvested for proper management. Some of us are also selective and are taking advantage of the extra season in pursuit of specific animals that have so far eluded everyone. Just sayin’.

Michael C. Winther
    Reedsburg, WI

we’re going to get out at least one day next week to drive a few tree lines in the Dodgeville area. it would be much nicer if there was a little snow on the ground!

imho, this is a great hunt. it helps herd reduction in an area where it’s needed and gives rifle hunters another opportunity to get out in the woods. win-win.

John Schultz
    Inactive
    Portage, WI

Quote:

Quote:

Not all of us are “if it is brown it’s down” type hunters that kill just because they can. Some of us will be hunting on private property that has yet to be hunted and in need of some deer being harvested for proper management. Some of us are also selective and are taking advantage of the extra season in pursuit of specific animals that have so far eluded everyone. Just sayin’.

I am specifically after this one, which has eluded me for all of bow season and the regular gun season. I expect him to continue to elude me, but I have to at least give it a few more chances.

Gary Sanders
    Lake Wisconsin

I think he provides all the incentive you need. Good luck, hope you get a opportunity at him.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.