Ryan Braun Tests Positive

• targaman
    Inactive
    Wilton, WI

Yeah but he didn’t know he was taking anything though so it’s all good.

trumar
    Rochester, Mn

Quote:

Yeah but he didn’t know he was taking anything though so it’s all good.

85lund
    Menomonie, WI

That is disappointing. I think he was a good role model for a lot of littler brew crew fans.

STEVES
    New Richmond, Wi

What a dumb

Bob Schultz
    Wausau,Wi

Major dissapointment!!! I am a huge Brewers fan! If it is true and there are no extenuating circumstances, strip him of the MVP and take a bunch of his payroll back. Hit these guys in the pocketbook hard and rid the league of this crap!!!

jiggin-rake
    inver grove heights, minnesota

A lot of players still use peds. Its too bad to see players with natural talent use peds and tarnish there image.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Hey. He got his 5 year 105 million. Jesus. I still say Albert is using too. This will come out in time.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I do not use performance enhancing drugs to catch 10 lb walleyes. Just saying…. Does beer enhance performance?

dd

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

Does beer enhance performance?

dd

You should ask your wife maybe? Or the walleyes.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

I would but my ex-wife and the walleyes are both not talking to me.

dd

steveo
    W Central Sconnie

He’s not a very big guy. Always wondered where that power came from. Guess we know now

bigpike

I wont pass judgement until MLB actually makes it official

Ryan Braun. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)
    Filed under
    Sports
    Related tags
    Milwaukee Brewers, MVP, Peformance-Enhancing Drug, Ryan Braun, Steroids, test

(CBS) – Milwaukee Brewers outfielder Ryan Braun has tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug, CBS Sports confirmed on Saturday.

The reigning National League MVP faces a potential 50-game suspension.

ESPN, which reported the story first citing two sources familiar with the case who talked with “Outside the Lines,” said Braun was tested during the playoffs and notified of the results in October. The report adds that Braun is disputing the result through arbitration, which is why Major League Baseball has not announced the findings yet.

Sources told CBS Sports that a decision isn’t likely to come soon.

“It’s B.S.,” Braun told USA Today’s Bob Nightengale.

A Braun spokesman issued this statement: “There are highly unusual circumstances surrounding this case which will support Ryan’s complete innocence and demonstrate there was absolutely no intentional violation of the program. While Ryan has impeccable character and no previous history, unfortunately, because of the process we have to maintain confidentiality and are not able to discuss it any further, but we are confident he will ultimately be exonerated.”

Baseball officials could not be reached for immediate comment.

No player has successfully appealed a positive test in MLB.

In April, Braun signed an extension with the Brewers through the 2020 season.

Braun beat the Dodgers’ Matt Kemp for MVP last month after batting .332 with 33 home runs, 111 RBI, and 33 stolen bases.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

Quote:

I would but my ex-wife and the walleyes are both not talking to me.
    dd

Why can’t I find an emoticon playing a violin? lol

EX-wife….did performance have anything to do with it? lol

These idiots involved in pro sports…..if you haven’t got it naturally, change jobs.

rkd-jim
    Fountain City, WI.

The “unknowingly” thing doesn’t fly anymore. When you get that kind of money you can hire someone to check out everything you ingest on a daily basis.

According to the “jock sniffers” no one has ever beaten MLB on a positive drug test.

Prince going gone and now this…….Brewers are back in the cellar again.

drewsdad
    Crosby, MN

No. No. You misunderstand. Ex-wife not talking to me. Walleyes don’t say anything. They don’t even smile when they get their picture taken with me.

dd

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Say it ain’t so !!

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Eh. Still guilty. MLB wouldn’t announce it unless its air tight.

Pat Howard
    Sparta Wi

The way I see it ESPN announced it and not MLB

Either way it’s not good

ggoody
    Mpls MN

Funny how you Brewers fans only hold out on judgment when it involves your own.

I sure hope this isn’t true I mean whats next Aaron Rodgers on drugs?

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

The way I see it ESPN announced it and not MLB

Either way it’s not good

Ohh, I thought MLB announced it? If it’s ESPN then forget it. I’ll wait to see what MLB has to say about it. Just changed my opinion to not guilty.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Seeing how ESPN holds the MLB TV contract I’ll believe it. It was a well placed leak to the media. Wave bye bye to Mr. Braun for 50 games.

lhprop1
    Eagan

Quote:

These idiots involved in pro sports…..if you haven’t got it naturally, change jobs.

Not to get into a big debate about who does what, but I can say with 100% certainty that only a small percentage of professional athletes in any sport are “natural” and playing only with their god given talent.

It’s not that only a few athletes are doing it, it’s just that only a few are stupid and are getting caught. Certain measures have to be taken just to keep up with the rigorous schedule and physicality of sports today. Most drugs are more about recovering from your last game than it is about getting bigger and stronger.

And if you think the Olympics are a bastion of “natural” athletes, you’re living in a world or rainbow wishes and unicorn giggles.

The fans want to see their players hit the ball farther, run faster, tackle harder, jump higher, etc. The leagues want to add more games to the season and 20 more rounds to the playoffs every year. They got what they asked for and this is what the athletes have to do to meet their demands. Not to be a debbie downer, but that’s just the way it is.

Jeremiah Shaver
    La Crosse, WI

Quote:

Funny how you Brewers fans only hold out on judgment when it involves your own.

From the looks of things Braun will be cleared of this…so to all you early haters out there…

big_g
    Isle, MN

I hate anybody who does/did roids (A Rod) …. don’t you ? Just because you are cleared, doesn’t mean you are innocent

The Latest…

The urine sample taken from Braun during the playoffs showed signs of increased testosterone. The World Anti-Doping Association lab in Montreal conducted a second test of that sample using gas chromatography-combustion-isotope ratio mass spectrometry (GC-C-IRMS), an expensive and highly accurate test that affirmed the excessive testosterone and showed it was synthetic.

Upon the first report of Braun’s positive test by ESPN on Saturday, he found himself in an awkward position. While admission and contrition is the best route to take with PED use, doing so would neuter his appeal, the one chance left at clearing his name. His choices were simple: stay silent and let the process come to its expected conclusion in January, or go on the offensive.

Leak, leak, leak, went Braun’s people, to FoxSports.com and the Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel and the New York Daily News, little tidbits intermingled among Sunday’s NFL action.

First came the news that Braun hadn’t tested positive for a performance-enhancing drug but instead a banned substance, which was nothing more than semantics. Baseball suspends players 50 games only for drugs it deems performance enhancing.

kurt-turner
    Southeast MN

Yawn… Wake up peeps? Need to drop the love for these morons and non-role models. Get outdoors and take an unsuspecting acquaintance that wouldn’t normally make it outdoors….

big_g
    Isle, MN

ok….? huh ? what just happened…? did I say I adore pro athletes somewhere…? I think I will go volunteer at the shelter now….

dan stien
    Waunakee, Wisconsin

I would love to see him exonerated but I do not believe that will be the case. I don’t think these players realize how what they do effects the fans that have supported them, literally through ticket sales. I have a friend whose daughter is friends with Ryan, even go out to dinner (Mother and daughter) and such with Ryan, they both really looked up to him as a stand up a guy and great role model for the young. I know that they both are very disappointed and I can only wonder how the relationship will be affected by this news. I also do not buy the excuse the pressure to perform made them take the PED’s Personally I think if found guilty they should be fired and banned from playing professionally. Most people in the real world would lose their job for doing banned substances and some how the sports world has a different set of standards.

A very disappointed and angry fan

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 42 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.