Fish Replicas – recommendations

• Paperlips21
    Glencoe, MN

I’m pretty new to the IDO site – the information shared here is great! I’ve seen some recommendations in the past for getting fish replicas and did not pay close attention, but I caught and released a 30.5″ ‘eye on ML last weekend and now I’m potentially shopping. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Quote:

http://www.fittantereplicas.com or http://www.laxreproduction.com both do superior work.

The two best in da Midwest!!!

Mark

I don’t know about the two best. I’d say Matt is, but that’s my bias.

Matt at Artistic Anglers. http://www.artisticanglers.com/

I’ve honestly never used the two mentioned above. However Matt at Artistic Anglers is the guy who’s done all the fish in our family. He also has been the guy responsible for the fish at Cabelas.

We’ve had Matt do 10 fish total (dad, bro and I) for us so far.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Quote:

I’m pretty new to the IDO site – the information shared here is great! I’ve seen some recommendations in the past for getting fish replicas and did not pay close attention, but I caught and released a 30.5″ ‘eye on ML last weekend and now I’m potentially shopping. Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!

It helps to have a photo of the fish to make a replica. Any chance on sharing that with us. 30.5 out of mille lacs is a nice fish.

Welcome to the site.

Paperlips21
    Glencoe, MN

Here’s a picture. Thanks for the info!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

I have only seen Artistic Anglers work and they do fantastic work to say the least. One would not know the difference from the real one to the reproduction.

Nice part about the reproduction is that it will last longer than the real fish skin mounted.

I do not know how anyone could do a better job than them.

Chris Meisch
    Ramsey, MN 55303

Scott Miller of Prescott WI did a awesome job on a pig that I landed on the Rainy River a few years ago.

arklite881south

Welome to In Depth Outdoors and Congrats on the nice fish!!

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

Here’s a picture. Thanks for the info!

Well done. That’s a nice fish.

fatguy
    Chippewa Falls, WI

I will echo that. Fitante did a superior job on a lake run brown trout for me. And my uncle had a nice musky done by Lax. Both are absolutely beautiful. IMHO some of these reproductions look better than actual skin mounts, and they don’t rot. Winning!

Doug Sponseller
    Houghton Lake, Michigan

Sorry I spelled his name wrong. It is Joe Fittante.

dr-death
    Phillips, WI

I had a big pike done by Joe Fittante a couple of years ago. What a tremendous artist he is!! When I get my tank walleye, he will be getting another call. Joe does all of Joe Bucher’s work. Well worth the money.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Quote:

I had a big pike done by Joe Fittante a couple of years ago. What a tremendous artist he is!! When I get my tank walleye, he will be getting another call. Joe does all of Joe Bucher’s work. Well worth the money.

I’m sure Joe’s pictures on his website don’t do his work justice. To the OP, I recommend you go to where ever you plan to order from and see their work.

I can’t speak to Joe’s shop as I’ve never been there. Matt’s shop up in Duluth is something to see. Hundreds of fish on the walls.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

Toms Taxidermy in Clarks Grove does a unbeleivable job!! i would never have anybody else do a mount for me his work will make your jaw hit the floor everytime! his show room is something else to see. he is about twenty min. south of cabelas in owatona it would be a good road trip stop at cabelas and toms taxidermy.

P.S. nice fish!!

mfreeman451

My vote goes to Artistic Anglers as well. They did my friends 21″ smallie and it looks awesome.

Wade Boardman
    Grand Rapids, MN

Did someone on here (IDO) comment that one of these replica taxidermists was working on a River Walleye form as they recognized the difference between a Lake Walleye and the River Walleye (especially a pre-spawner).

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.