Sterling All-Stars Softball

• big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

The Sterling Girls All-Star softball team will play for the World Series Championship tonight on ESPN2 at 6PM Central time. Our little town will be on the world stage tonight and we could not be prouder of these girls and what they have done so far. I urge you to watch and cheer these girls on. They are excellent ball players and are a joy to watch. They are undefeted in World Series play this season and have out scored there opponents 58 to 4. Lexi Stapeles is hurling the ball at nearly 70MPH. They have all three of their pitchers for tonights game against Waco TX. It’s going to be a great game.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Best of luck to the girls tonight!! Is this w winner take all or a double elim game?

70 mph…………..wow, thats fast from that distance.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

Best of luck to the girls tonight!! Is this w winner take all or a double elim game?

70 mph…………..wow, thats fast from that distance.

I’d bunt at each at bat…with my eyes closed.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

This is it. The winner will be World Series of Girls (11 & 12 year old) Softball Champion. It’s amazing to watch these girls play. They are aggrestive and want this trophy. Friday there will be a parade in Sterling for them, win or lose. Lets hope they bring the trophy home.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Ill up 7 5 bottom of the 4th. This is way better than watching mlb!

big_g
    Isle, MN

Pretty good pitcher I wish a few times when I would pitch slowpitch a few years ago, that I could of wore a mask like that Lots of close calls…

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Congrats to your girls!!! As a former fast pitch player myself it’s not as easy as it looks. They looked great in the one inning. Every batted ball just dropped in perfectly.

big-muddy
    Rockfalls, Illinois

Thier coach Eric Staples is a friend of mine. I have watched him work with those girls all year. In the off season he would have them doig work-outs and nurturing them into the championship team. Always with a positive attitude,and telling them to have fun and enjoy themselves. They are all a bunch of great girls with a great coach. Everyone in the area is very proud of what they have done. They will never forget this, and no-one can take away the fact that they are world champions. Not many of us can say that!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.