not yours don’t touch

• broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

so tired of hearing people stealing stuff, we became a statistic last night.

wifes car window got shattered and broke into. wierd part is the used it to check some internet stuff and nothing else no calls or messages. and did not touch her purse in the back seat. and the quote from the cop was “happens all the time in Blaine” just sucks. at least the phone was insured. so that saves some money at least. but just makes me mad to no end. get a job or something. not like I am going to leave the phone active so you can keep using it. and from the looks of it they were on a bicycle and rode through the yard to do all this.

but her phone does have GPS tracking so going to wait a few days and re-activate it and see if anything comes up on the tracking. would’nt that be nice.

and not the first time I have had tire tracks in my yard lately. going to have to do some late night stay ups I think for a while.

hoping just some dumb kid. but guessing more then that.

hairjig
    Cudahy, Wis.

Thieves usually don’t go after what they can’t see.. If you left items in the car in “plain” sight, sorry for your loss but you need to remember this : “Out of sight, out of mind”

Ralph Wiggum
    Maple Grove, MN

That sucks. Sorry to hear about it. When we park vehicles outside, I leave nothing of value out to see. My brother-in-law and a friend have both had vehicles broken into for the change left in their cupholders

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

That is the wierd part. nothing was in plain site. the phone was tucked between the seat tand the center council. but yeah our fault for even giving them a chance.

Czech
    Cottage Grove, MN

I’d be planning on intercepting those tire tracks in the yard, let me count the ways….

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I like fishing line the best. why when a person starts to get a little ahead somethign else goes bad. . been a rough week

mike-west
    Amery, WI

Never your fault! They shouldn’t need a reason, but the low lifes that are out there just don’t seem to care. Nobodys fault but the A** wipes that have the nerve to F*** with other peoples property.
    Sorry about your experience.
    Hopefully what goes around, comes around. They’ll get there’s 1 day.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

I have a pretty high tolerance level with most things. Which is good, it keeps me out of trouble. However it means that the things that set me off bare the whole brunt of what gets tucked away.

In other words, if I ever catch someone stealing or vandalizing something I own…

We have had thefts of things delivered to the house when we are not home, even with our nosy neighbor. They now all get delivered to the side door. The neighbor has deterred more than one low life “turning around” on our drive way.

I’d like to plant some packages one day with some gifts. Maybe even film it for some YouTube fun.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Not enough poeple today care enough like most of us. If everyone was vigilent and theives were punished “properly” there would not be as much of this happening.

broncosguy
    Blaine, MN

I feel so s[pecial the birthday boy posted on my post. . i hear you. pretty sad all the crap that is out there and people jsut figure it is theres to keep. I have a few thougths on a possiblity . but would never be able to prove it.

it’s all good. live and learn. and clobbering time. they did it on a Bike. a bike of all things and road through the yard either leaving or coming into it. why leave a trail? that part is just odd.

jbb
    Minneapolis area

I was stupid enough to leave my doors unlocked and sure enough someone got in emptied the console and took my work Blackberry. They took some change but left about $10 worth & left a near new Garmin GPS & charger laying on the seat.
    Dumb the phone was old and not worth that much.

dan-larson
    Cedar, Min-E-So-Ta

I got hit up in East Bethel last week. Broke my truck window for the change in the ashtray, left the two CDs sitting on the front seat. Apparently my taste in music does not appeal to thieves.

I realize that I can’t just go outside and shoot these F’s if I catch them, but it is it legal to beat them with an implement to protect my property?

That last question is for real, can I legally beat the sh!+ out of them?

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

I tend to leave stuff out simply out of complacency, but I also don’t live in the Metro. I think I would go off if I ever caught some clown going through my stuff. I tend to believe that Karma will get these people in the end, I just hope it gets them good.

There is a special place in he’ll for thieves

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Quote:

I got hit up in East Bethel last week. Broke my truck window for the change in the ashtray, left the two CDs sitting on the front seat. Apparently my taste in music does not appeal to thieves.

I realize that I can’t just go outside and shoot these F’s if I catch them, but it is it legal to beat them with an implement to protect my property?

Not sure. Hopefully I don’t find out either. I’d feel bad beating the crap out of some kid and then find out he was bullied on a are to go do it. Actually, if it were a kid I would be real careful. I’d scare the crap out of him for sure.

Not going to answer a question I don’t know for sure and I certainly am not giving legal advice. But if it ever happens, I will say this, be very clear you felt your life was threatened when giving your side.

I’ve though about this in kind of a weird way. I always hear about people getting in trouble because they did something to someone when they were fleeing or their back was turned. My thing would be, is this guy going to come back? Maybe not today, but tomorrow? IS he going to bring friends.

Man, why you guys have to bring me down on my birthday with discussing these things.

hnd

when i was young and had good income coming in and nothing useful to spend it on, it all went into 2 things. fishing equipment and car stereo.

one day i had my back window open at a marina cuz it was hot. i was standing 20 yds away fishing. there was nobody around. came back, 2 tackleboxes stolen. like that! after doing the math, i had about 1000 bucks worth of tackle in there.

7 years ago, had a guy rip out my passenger side lock with a slide hammer and proceed to relieve me of $3000 in car stereo equipment.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Someone stole my clonk right out of the backyard of my brothers cabin. Worst day of my life. To make it worse, it was on my birthday.

suzuki
    Woodbury, Mn

Quote:

It is not legal to beat them unless you are defending yourself. Part of the reason there are so many thieves.

mplspug
    Palmetto, Florida

Didn’t they pass a new law? I forget the name of it.

Just tell the cops he whispered in your ear that he was going to kill you.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

Quote:

It is not legal to beat them unless you are defending yourself. Part of the reason there are so many thieves.

Its not what you know…its what you can prove…

Doubletap.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

You can’t beat the crap out of them. However, funny thing happened when you were chasing them down…..dang, tripped on something an fell. Poor guy broke both arms, a few ribs, lost all of his teeth.

-J.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Quote:

I have a pretty high tolerance level with most things.

Just don’t bring up “young of the year catfish”.

phishirman
    Madison, WI

I leave my work truck parked on the street with the doors unlocked just so the thieves don’t bust a window to find there is nothing in there. Or atleast I thought there was nothing of value in there. somebody has been in the thing 3 or 4 times in the last year. First the CB was jacked. ..came with the truck and I dont use it but still really irritated that someone was in MY truck. These days, its evidently my fault for leaving the doors unlocked which is completed F’d. but ok nothing else is in there. was I wrong. the 9 dollar plastic center console went missing a few weeks back. who the hell steals something like that?!?! Nothing in it except cash reciepts, garbage and SOB, later realized, I had a key ring in there with my tool box keys on it. urine me off. nothing is in the tool box but damn does that irritate me that people can’t stay out of the thing. I continue to leave the doors unlocked cuz there is now absolutely nothing in there and I don’t want to come out some morning to find a busted window.

I would love to put a large trap on the drivers side with the damn thing chained to the frame. Interior lights don’t work so it would never be seen. I’d love to also put one in the tool box with a piece of newspaper over it to teach someone a little lesson. Unfortuantely, I can’t take the chance of one of these scum bags taking recourse on my family or my other property. but man…would that be sweet sweet revenge. guarantee if our judicial system allowed for a hand to be lopped off after a theft we’d see a hell of a lot less of it. but we are too lenient on this scum. and now we just got even more lenient here in madison from a new law that was just passed. I think a petty thief now gets a small fine and sent on his way

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

The FW had her wallet stolen in Las Vegas last Friday.

1 hr before heading to the aiport to go home.

hnd

Quote:

I leave my work truck parked on the street with the doors unlocked just so the thieves don’t bust a window to find there is nothing in there.

when i had a jeep with only a softtop. i had cheapo cd player that got stolen. i bought a center console for it that had a lock on it and installed i in there the next time.

the guy cut open my windows with a knife to break into my jeep

i then put a little sign on the windows. “doors are unlocked please don’t rip the windows if you are attempting to rob me”

Chris
    Rochester, MN

Quote:

You can’t beat the crap out of them. However, funny thing happened when you were chasing them down…..dang, tripped on something an fell. Poor guy broke both arms, a few ribs, lost all of his teeth.

-J.

Would need to move the teeth away from the curb after the curb check though

… hopefully that would teach a lesson

orangewhip3x
    Blaine

Bronco…a guys stopped by my house the other day…just a block from you and asked if I had seen any kids in the neighborhood at night. He had his gas tank stolen out of his boat. They cut the gas line and took the tank. monkeybutts! He mentioned that he saw some people running around at 4am the Saturday morning.

mstrumar

Quote:

Someone stole my clonk right out of the backyard of my brothers cabin. Worst day of my life. To make it worse, it was on my birthday.

Pug… you make me laugh!! I hope someday I get to meet you….

desperado

Time for a quote from Francis “psycho” Soyer …
    I don’t like nobody touching my stuff. So just keep your meat-hooks off. If I catch any of you guys in my stuff,
    I’ll ya.

seeds
    SE WI

One night many years ago my then-wife screamed from the bedroom while I was in the living room watching TV. She had seen someone looking in the bedroom window.

I got up,went outside,and saw someone in the bushes next to the house. I yelled,he ran,I chased him down,caught him,put him in a headock and yelled for my wife to call the police.

Not only did they not charge him,but with his story that he was merely walking home and stumbled…they asked HIM if he wanted to press charges for assault. He declined.

Delafield Wisconsin PD.

Twenty years ago and I’m still hacked off when I think of it.

seeds
    SE WI

On the other hand…same woman,two years earlier when we briefly lived in Chicago…got mugged and someone called us when they saw the perp discarding the purse. I went to the kids house with the cops to pick him up and they left us in the back of a squad alone,him cuffed. There was a VERY strong hint that since the courts would likely do nothing,I was welcome to do something.

Still,it’s tough to beat up a scared little punk that’s cuffed…. I sensed strong disapointment when the cop returned to the squad vand the kid was unharmed.

They did did remove him from the squad so my (then) wife could refresh her memory from the window before ID-ing him in a line-up.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 34 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.