vikes newe qb

• xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

so Donovan McNabb is coming to the vikes what r your feeling about that…but i think its been a long time coming.. i just hope its a good move

vikefanmn77
    Northfield,MN

I love the move. If you start a rookie QB who is not ready to play in the league yet, you can destroy his confidence, thus providing us with another TJack. McNabb will be a great role model for him to follow, and I personally believe he’s still got alot left in the tank.

b-curtis
    Farmington, MN

Adam Schefter reported this morning that all the financials were worked out but then Donovon was having second thoughts because the Queens were not showing him enough love because they had the nerve to look at other QBs besides him.

This should end well.

dank
    Minneapolis, MN

I am only ok wiht this if he understands that he is there to really foster the growth of our other qbs. For these type of players who’ve starterd and been the star for much of their career, this tends to be the biggest hurtle for them and creates the issues. (e.g farve) That is the major thing I am worried about and what it could do to the team.
    overall, McNabb is servicable that is about it.
    (I will not be drafting him in ff )

gregstew
    Red Wing, MN

It’s nice to see a new coaching staff means a totally new thinking at the Q/B position.
    Never thought the Vikings would ever go after an older,slower has-been Q/B!!!
    Oh Wait….See- Warren Moon,Brett Favre,Randall Cunningham,Jeff George..ETC….

farmboy1
    Mantorville, MN

Quote:

It’s nice to see a new coaching staff means a totally new thinking at the Q/B position.

The vikes have not been able to get a good QB in the draft for many years. Poor choices on their part, and poor players to draft. I can’t say I am a McNab fan, but with the other choices on our roster, he seems like the best option available.

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I wonder if his walker and cheater glasses are included in the trade. You’d think they would learn to stay away from old retread QBs.

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

i dont know…. i guess we will see how he does…now all we have to do is re-sign rice

xxrodbenderxx
    menomonie wi

Quote:

Oh Wait….See- Warren Moon,Brett Favre,Randall Cunningham,Jeff George..ETC…. aman to the brother

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

Adam Schefter reported this morning that all the financials were worked out but then Donovon was having second thoughts because the Queens were not showing him enough love because they had the nerve to look at other QBs besides him.

This should end well.

If that is true that’s very very scary. And right, will not end well. Mcnabb has a recent history of acting like a baby the minute the fans or the media is calling for his back-up.. And in our case that’s exactly what will happen.

I am not excited about this at all.. IF the Vikings aren’t going to make a run at the SB then put the rookie in this year and beyond. It won’t do us any good to finish 7-9 and have our #1 pick riding the pine.. Just my 2cents.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

After the way #4 got pummeled last year, he better be ready for some running. It’s likely going to be a long year for him if we don’t do something to improve the O line.

phigs
    Twin Cities, MN

Quote:

i dont know…. i guess we will see how he does…now all we have to do is re-sign rice

that guy is as good as gone…

channelcatben
    South Minneapolis

I hear Joe Montana is in the best shape of his life, thanks to Sketcher Shape-Ups! Vikes should see if he’s available.

bret_clark
    Sparta, WI

I heard the major cost to the new MN stadium was a Nursing home wing.

jeff_huberty
    Inactive

They must have a special washed up QB room out at Winter Park.

Oh; bye the way;I think they should trade AP

whiskeysour
    4 miles from Pool 9

Quote:

The vikes have not been able to get a good QB in the draft for many years. Poor choices on their part, and poor players to draft.

Did you forget the Vikes passed on Aaron Rodgers, TWICE??

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

The only worse move would be bringing the old retired guy back.

All off season we heard how Musgrave would dump the West Coast offense and bring in the Atlanta style. So, now you want to bring in the ultimate West Coast, short dump pass, can’t run, over the hill, nobody else wants him quarterback?

Brilliant, I can’t wait to rip them from week 1 if it really happens.

Put the kid in there and let him run for his life. Like Kooty said there isn’t a offensive line or anybody to throw to anyway.

ottomatica
    Lino Lakes, MN

Quote:

Quote:

The vikes have not been able to get a good QB in the draft for many years. Poor choices on their part, and poor players to draft. I can’t say I am a McNab fan, but with the other choices on our roster, he seems like the best option available.

Yup, it’s not like we can get Peyton Manning, you either draft a good QB or deal with retreads.

Everybody wanted to run Daunte out of town and we never got a QB better than him until we got Favor. Let’s hope Ponder pans out eventually…

cat-stevens
    Rochester,MN

Quote:

I heard the major cost to the new MN stadium was a Nursing home wing.

hnd

give mcnabb some protection to go along with AP and i think you can easily expect a 22-26td 3500-4000 yd season out of him. washington was a terrible fit for him. no run game, no wideouts (santana moss is a midget), no line and even manning would struggle to put up numbers.

he’s a good guy and can win you football games. his only hiccups are health and a terrible stint in washington.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

he’s a good guy and can win you football games. his only hiccups are health and a terrible stint in washington.

And the fact that he lost 3 NFC championship games and when he did have the chance to win the SB, he literally “PUKED” it away. But, I guess he got there.

dfresh
    Fridley, MN

Why is everyone saying he’s old? At 34, he’s a rookie compared to Favre.

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Quote:

Why is everyone saying he’s old? At 34, he’s a rookie compared to Favre.

At 40 Farve will still have more talent also.

hnd

Quote:

Quote:

And the fact that he lost 3 NFC championship games and when he did have the chance to win the SB, he literally “PUKED” it away. But, I guess he got there.

jim kelly and dan marino are 2 of the greatest qb’s to ever play the game.

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

Is Ray Edwards signed yet?

If he and Rice left, there would be some large holes to fill.

I do not care who QB’s this season as it will be a few years before we can put together a good team to contend.

walleyebuster5
    Central MN

Quote:

jim kelly and dan marino are 2 of the greatest qb’s to ever play the game.

Right, But I don’t think the fans are interested in an old washed up puker.

hnd

i’m still not sure how he’s old and washed up. he’s 1 yr removed from avging 250 yds/ 1.5 tds a game in 08/09. he still avged 250 and 1 in washington. that puts him in the top half of starting qb’s even last year.

he’ll only be a placeholder for you guys until draft picks are ready. but he’ll be a better placeholder than say, kyle orton or anyone else available. he’s not a turnover machine, a decent game manager and he loves to get rb’s involved in the passing game.

Viewing 28 posts - 1 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.