Deep fried potatoes

• Dream’n
    South St. Paul, Mn

I am in charge of doing the frish fry for the fourth of July. I want to cook everything outside to keep the cabin from getting to hot. Anyone have a recipe for deep frying potatoes that I can then throw on the grill in tin foil while I cook the fish?
    Thanks and Good Eats!
    Dream’n

stuwest
    Elmwood, WI

I pre-cook mine in the microwave, then ‘roast’ them in tinfoil with garlic oil. Turns out nice.

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Years ago we had fried up canned potatoes on a guide trip in Canada. They are precooked in a can. Just open them up, slice them and fry in butter and oil. Now that I think about it they may have been fried in the bacon grease. That was the bacon from the bacon and onion sandwiches. Thats classic shore lunch.

roscoe
    So St Paul

Our favorite way to cook potatos is to take a large tin foil pan, dice up the taters, add some carrots and mushrooms, add alot of butter and seasoning cover it wth tin foil and cook on a grill , stir occasionly ,
    usually takes 1/2 to 3/4 hour depending on the size of the potatos

mskyfshntchr
    Dodge Center, MN

Quote:

Our favorite way to cook potatos is to take a large tin foil pan, dice up the taters, add some carrots and mushrooms, add alot of butter and seasoning cover it wth tin foil and cook on a grill , stir occasionly ,
    usually takes 1/2 to 3/4 hour depending on the size of the potatos

I do similar to ROSCOE-
    I use a large tinfoil pan. Cubed potatos, lots of butter, garlic, season salt and parm. cheese. I spray pam on the pan, to make sure no sticking. I cook it covered.
    Takes about 30 minutes on low-med. heat.

tom_gursky
    Michigan's Upper Peninsula(Iron Mountain)

These are AWESOME!!! No slicin or dicin…

POTATO BOMBS

Buzz
    Minneapolis MN

I use my turkey fryer, the key is to precook the potatoes in the oil until they are just slightly beginning to brown, the remove drain and let cool. Then cook the turkey, as that is resting, finish off the fries in the same oil. They will come out crispy on the outside and creamy in the center.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

I just saw these on here last week Tom, I got to do these yet. Thanks!

smithkeith
    Waterloo, Iowa

You can also put a couple of ice cubes in the foil pan to keep them from sticking.

Denny O
    Central IOWA

Post deleted by Denny O

philput
    Knoxville, IL.

Looks like you fella’s need somebody to cook tater’s for ya?? Well here goes as many taters you want washed…. skins on & diced or sliced.
    Spray foil with no-stick pam
    1 big piece of foil
    1 onion diced
    1 pepper diced
    little oil poured over taters, peppers, & onions

Salt, pepper, to taste
    mix well with hands
    garlic salt & mrs. dash mix well again
    to taste.

Add taters to foil, 3 to 4 TBL, spoons of butter or margerine on top of taters & seasonning.
    Wrap taters loosely in foil.

COOK 1 HOUR ON GRILL & LET SET 10 minutes after taking off grill.

chamberschamps
    Mazomanie, WI

I’d go simple. Skip the deep fryer. Skip the foil. Cook them start to finish on the grill. Fried fish and fried potatoes gets a bit heavy for me and these taste better than any fries I’ve ever had.

Use the large white russet baking potatoes. Wash well. I don’t peel them, but you can. Cut each potato into 8-10 pieces. Try to keep the pieces less than an inch thick.

For every 2 pounds of potatoes… mix 1/4 cup of light oil, 2 T shredded Parmesan cheese, 1/2 t pepper and 1/2 t garlic salt in a bowl. Toss the potatoes in this mixture until coated. Grill over low/medium heat for about 30 minutes. About half way through, brush with a little more of the oil mix and flip. The taters will be crispy grilled on the outside, and creamy on the inside. Good with sour cream/chives or ketchup.

You can change things up by adding more/different spices. I am partial to my homemade chili powder.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.