Saturday Report

• Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

My fishing partner(Chad, in photos) & I made it out to Big Stone for the border water opener. Conditions were unlike I’d ever seen them out there for an opener. Very stained water(less then 5″ visibility) and water temps that ranged from 53 in the morning all the way up to 58 by late afternoon. Weird conditions for April 21st.

I really can’t give a report because of the up coming tournaments out there (Border Battle & MTT) but I will say we worked our a$$e$ off to scrape together 5 fish from 7:30 am to 5:30 pm. The fish we did catch were all males and all still milking. Chads’ new boat was covered in the stuff. I don’t have many pics but I’ll some up anyway.

My Dad, brother, Walleye Warrior(from IDA) and a few other people I know were out there too and no one really got into the fish.

Pretty slow day but still a blast to get out after ol’ marble eyes. Adam

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I promised Chad I wouldn’t post this but…

I call it “a face not even a mother could love”

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Pullin boards with spinners and cranks.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Conditions were less than ideal for walleye fishing…just about glass calm in the late afternoon

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Gettin ready to put steel to em for the second time…2 – 19 3/4″ twin brothers(5 of these will cash a check next weekend I think) and 3 – 15″ triplet brothers, notice the milk still leaking out of them.

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Adam, We had 8 fish in the boat by 9:30 AM on Saturday. I think if we would have hit that spot a half hour earlier we would have filled the box up with the whole crews limit, 8 out of 16 not bad. Same thing here, all males. Smallest was 16.5 and the biggest was 19.5. We lost 3 more that were hooked and many hits that were missed . It was my personal best for the opener. Unfortunatly your neighbor Walleye Warior wasn’t as lucky as us. Although the conditions weren’t the best for walleye fishing we definitly couldn’t complain about the weather. Jimmy managed to not get wet this year I sure hope that next weekend is good for you as well.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Well done Taz Are you fishing with Jimmy @ the Border Battle? Chad gave Jim the spot that we got our fish from, hopefully Jim and you(if you’re fishing)can put together a good basket. Unless someone has tracked down some females I’m guessing 9 to 11 lbs will put you near the top of the leader board. Chad & I will be back out there May 4th thru the 6th for the MTT so take some good notes and pass them on. Thanks, Adam

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

The weather was real interesting for sure. Windy fri with lightning after dark. A few hours that were too nice sat followed by a heck of a gully washer. Glad those tornados didn’t come up our way. Sounds like the best bite was right away in the morning sat. Heard of a couple fish over 20″, with one at 28″ from a very reliable source. The water sure was stained with quite a bit of debris. 2 weeks ago it was crystal clear. Thats what the wind will do. Good luck to those fishing this weekend and we’ll be back out for the MTT!

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Mike was that you that we talked to a bit up by “yanketown”? Grey Tuffy or Skeeter tiller?

We’ll see ya at the Matador in a couple weeks. Adam

TazTyke
    Central Minnesota

Not fishing with Jimmy! I would have loved to make it out there but to many other things going on. Hope you guys have good luck

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

We were in my partners silver 1950 Skeeter walk thru. I’ll be out for in the MTT in a white red “s” 2050 Skeeter walk thru. If you are at the Matador we will belly up to the bar with the owners!

MFO
    Minneapolis, MN

Oh, and I recognize the background in that first pick. Was that your hot spot?

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Quote:

Oh, and I recognize the background in that first pick. Was that your hot spot?

Nope, we had hit a lull in the action so I grabbed the 2 bigger fish and had Chad pose for the photo. FYI, we didn’t catch a fish on the SD side. See you on the 4th, Adam

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Tell me how many days a year that lake lays that flat, any SD lake for that matter. Cool, thanks for sharing.

If you see a 2090 BT with a great big dude in it at the battle, tell him Kooty says he is a girl.

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

Kooty, are you talking about Al S.? If so, I’ll let you do the name calling, he’s a big dude.

kooty
    Keymaster
    1 hour 15 mins to the Pond

Actually Steve A. from Watertown SD 6’5″ 300ish. I think I can take him.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.