ICE???

• Pax
    Woodville, WI

Has anyon been out ice fishing lately? Does anyone know how much ice is left? Hope to hell it’s all gone in a couple weeks. I’m heading down to Kansas to get some fishing and golf in because this weather is starting to drive me nuts. I’d much rather have winter come early than stay late. ————Pax

Anonymous

I’ve been hearing the darker, shallower waters are really giving way along the shorelines and with the rain forecast for Saturday and temps into the 60’s early next week, I’d like to think the ice will soon be doomed. The Croix and Mallelieu are already starting to look really good for being free very soon. I predict the Croix will open by next week and the Mal will open within another 10 from now. Deeper clearer lakes may hang on a while yet, but I do think if we get some GOOD rain, it’s gonna do us “softwater” enthusiasts a lot of good!!!!!

Anonymous

Pax, I live in Iron River, Wi and the couple lakes I fished the past three days are not even close to getting bad ice. We have about 20 to 25 inches of hard ice and the only lakes with any sign of waning are the ones with small creeks running in and out of them. Sounds like some rain and warm are heading our way though and that can change things fast.

Chris Beeksma

Pax
    Woodville, WI

Guess they were still driving on Balsam this last weekend as it had about 20 inches of decent ice yet. Noticed some shorelines look a little suspect. Guess the 4 wheeler will be used from now on. Who knows maybe it will all be gone in a week (hopefully).

Anonymous

Twin City metro ice on smaller waters is getting VERY dark…………gotta be close. I looked over Mallelieu in Hudson this morning and as far as I could see the whole lake was open………….to bad bass aren’t legal for a few more weeks! I notice the outer metro areas aren’t quite as dark so they might take a bit longer and of course, larger/clearer waters always take longer. I’d look for Balsam to open up close to the same time as the larger metro lakes.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.