Namakagon or Middle Eau Claire for the opener

• Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Lake Namakagon or Middle Eau Claire

My Dad, brother and I are heading north for the opener. I was wondering if anyone had a few ideas for Namakagon or Middle Eau Claire. We have fished it in the past and caught some walleyes, but I was looking for some thoughts on maybe catching some fish this year. I don’t want to know anything too detailed, just some general spots and a few tactics that would work for a little action and possible not ham for Saturdays lunch.
    Thanks

jhalfen

I have a lot of hours on Namekagon. My primary walleye pattern on this lake, one that will hold from opener through July, is weedlines. There are some terrific cabbage beds with well-defined weedlines in the area around Lakewoods resort in the SW corner of the lake, these are good places to start looking.

Kevin J Dobbs
    La Crosse. WI

When I am Muskie fishing on the Middle I always see people Walleye fishing on the bar that sticks out on the right after you leave the landing. It is a night or early morning bite as it is so clear.Just before you get to the bar that sticks out from the shore on the right there is some great weeds in about 7-10 ft.I see the old timers bobbering there.When I say the bar I don’t mean The Buck and Bass either.Good Luck KD.If it isn’t cloudy I would opt for Namekogen.

Johnie Birkel
    South metro

Any suggestions on which basins to start on on Namakagon?

davenorton50
    Burlington, WI

I’m sure you guys are walleye’ers, but if you need a break in the deep water action, you will find decent bass hanging between the docks and the shore in the cove at Lakewoods Resort. We use to stay up there the weekend after opening to do some golfing, and I always ended up doing more bassin. The great part is that very few guys target bass so they’re easy to pop!

Please don’t bash me, just giving suggestions…

b_sander
    Red Wing , MN

I will be up in the area over memorial weekend and I was informed that they will be closeing the main ramp on Middle! This will be my first time fishing the area and I was wondering where I could find another ramp?? Anyone know??

Also like I said I have never fished the area.. My father-in-law just bought the Y-GO-By on Y and im going to do some fishing, What would you suggest starting out for? im a walleye guy but I have never caught a muskie! I spend all my time on pool 4, I have no muskie gear 0.. Im looking on picking a few things up before I go.. What kind of them there big honkin sticks with hooks should I pick up for them muskie!!

Thanks

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.