Woodman Lake

• cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Can anyone tell me about Woodman Lake. Looking to take the kids fishing. Would like to get the kids some fish seeing as the Wisconsin River is not working for us. Thanks.

Matt Hall
    Mount Horeb, WI

Use to produce good panfish when I was younger. No particular spot, or bait. Sorry I couldn’t be more specific. Keep the kids in the boat, there have been a few drownings there over the years. Also did well at the State nursery, which is near the Boscobel airport, there is (or at least use to be) a dock that worked well for sunnies.

Good Luck!

Matt

Whiskerkev
    Madison

I was there a couple weeks ago and there is nearly no water in it.

cherilovell
    Wisconsin Rapids, Wisconsin

Ya, the only thing is we don’t have a boat to take the kids on. I always make the kids wear their life jackets thou. I called at the nursery and they said the dock is no longer use able due to not up keeping it and there are too many weeds, lilies, moss to get into anything the kids could handle.

I am open to any other idea’s any one may have.

fishahollik
    South Range, WI

There is Rung Hollow or Esofea park. Esofea park has a nice picnic area and the grass around the pond is mowed. Used to be full if sunnies and trout. Rung hollow has sunnies, bass, and trout but no “park”. It is much bigger though.
    Jersey Valley was a thrid option, but excess “fertilizer” run-off killed all the fish and polluted the water this last spring.

birdman
    Lancaster, WI

Catfish girl, Woodman Lake is a backwater off of the Wisconsin River. There is a road along it that is very accessable for fishing. I haven’t been there for a couple of months but the water used to be close to 7 or 8 feet deep near the lower end before it empties into the Wisconsin River. The backwater holds a large variety of fish, bluegills, crappies, bass, northern, and the elusive bowfin to name a few. I wouldn’t rule it out as a possible fishing spot, the only drawback is the mosquitos, they can be pretty nasty at times.

Roderick Dull

Hi cherilovell!

I know I’m 13 years late but our business was just born a few years ago. I saw that you had mentioned you didn’t have a boat when you’re fishing back in 2005 and if you’re still casting out that line in 2018, then I hope this reaches you. I’m the manager at Woodman Lake Cabins & RV which is less than a mile up the road from Woodman Lake. We rent canoes, kayaks, and peddle boats starting from $30 for the entire day. You also had some questions about the Lake itself which I would direct you to this link: http://www.woodmanlake.com for basic information about the lake and about our campground if you would choose to stay with us after a fun day of fishing ) So happy all of you folks are chatting up our lovely lake here in Woodman!

Dave Lozier
    Amherst, WI

Not sure she is around now? It’s been 13 years.

Mookie Blaylock
    Wright County, MN

The kids will be taking her fishing by now.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Google is a wonderful thing.

chuck100
    Platteville,Wi.

Better late than never they say.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.