Madison Lake

• fireline
    Rochester

Any reports from Madison on Walleyes and panfish ? Ice thickness ? Is anyone driving out yet ? Thanks

rynewhite
    Madison Lake, MN

Hey there, Whitey here from the baitshop in Mad Lake. The ice is great, any where from 18″-20″+. The traffic has been a little slow on the lake, but picking up little by little as people are letting the reports out! Duck Lake has been super busy, very consistent crappie bite, if you like 8″-9″. I have been hitting Washington around 2nd and 3rd point. There has been quite a few reports from Lake Elysian for panfish and the occasional wally!! Hope to see you around, and make sure to stop by the shop if you make it this way!

fireline
    Rochester

Any plowed roads to the narrows on Madison ? Any plowed roads out on the lake ?

rynewhite
    Madison Lake, MN

Yeah the DNR access is plowed a little off the Bray park road, the North Shore access is also plowed, and some fellow from town has plowed a little near the Boat Landing restaurant. The DNR access will get you out by the narrows. The wind has been blowing a bit and traces of snow have covered a little bit of the paths. I have driven all over that lake and have not got stuck yet!!

fireline
    Rochester

Thanks for the info. Any reports on Walleyes ?Panfish ?

rynewhite
    Madison Lake, MN

The reports on the walleyes have been a little tight. Some from Elsian, mostly from Washington, and a few from Francis. The panfish have been steady on most of the better lakes, Jefferson chain, German, Washington, and Madison. Madison has been a little quiet although, just not a lot of houses out there yet. Good Luck out there!

cat dude
    Arlington, MN

The reports I have heard about Madison is the panfish are biting.

Washington is also going well for panfish and some nicer ones too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.