faribault area

• a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

anybody else going to be in the faribault area for opener? was wondering what lakes get busy on opener so i can stay away from them maybe. havent fished much walleye on open water over there so any advice would help.

Trev
    Battle Lake, MN

I used to fish those lakes quite often when I lived in SE MN, and the one’s that got the most opener attention seemed to be Shields, Roberds, Mazaska and Cedar. Now this was 15-20 yrs ago, so that may have changed…

Good luck….

drew-evans
    rochester MN

dont waste your time just go to the river (mississippi) the drive may even be shorter for ya. but if you insist on going to fairbault i would say try roberds you may have some company but there are god numbers of decent walleye in there if you can get on them.

a.j.-wiesner
    Ely,MN / Rochester,MN

i figured roberds and french would be pretty busy but i know french pretty good so maybe i’ll go try there.

drew-evans
    rochester MN

good luck! let us know how you do over there, i pretty much quit fishing that area a long time ago i could never get the numbers or size that i could get on the river it was pry just that i wasnt fishing the lakes correctly.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Don’t over look Madison Lake

riverwrat
    Hastings/ Northfeild,MN

Quote:

Fox

No we caught them all last summer

hawkeye27

Caught a ton of 9 to 13 inchers. Sure would be nice to put some back for the up coming year classes

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.