white water trout,

• eye_hunter

hey i was wondering if anybody could tell me where to start. i know white water is a very popular place for trout, i looked at the map on the dnr website and it was just too big. can somebody nudge me in a certain direction just to start, maybe an access point somewhere. thanks.

Tom Sawvell
    Inactive

The State Park offers camping and parking, but you’ll need at least a daily sticker.

The small town of Elba lies a couple miles to the north of the State Park right on Hiway 74. Food, beverages, gas and info is available there and you’ll be near where all three branches of the Whitewater River merge. Fishing opportunites of all kinds will be only a short distance from this hub of activity….so I say, and recommend, you start there.

Try the folks in either Mauer Bros tavern or Johnny’s Saloon for more detailed info….both of these establishments have made their living by serving the fishing and hunting communities and are always willing to help steer new-comers.

This part of the state is beautiful….enjoy it.

rgoi812
    Good hour from whitewater

We do the majority of our fishing on the main branch north of beaver.Water was a bit low last time out a few weeks ago but put on some waders or hip boots and find the farthest point you can away from the road and you will increase your odds catching fish and avoid company at the same time.Beaver creek can also be good early in the morning for us.Lots of tubers between elba and the state park on weekends so you may want to avoid that part of the river.Good luck!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.