French lake landing?

• AverageSportsman
    SE MN

Is there any talk of them fixing the public landing at French Lake? The landing is horribly shallow. A guy can’t get a decent size boat on a bunk trailer on the lake. Just curious if there has been any discussion of a fix? French is a great lake but I can’t get my boat off the trailer there.

p4walleye
    Rochester, MN

It’s better than it was two weeks ago, I guess they dredged a little. You should be able to get your boat in the water now, but the challenge is after that. We got our 18ft lund in last weekend on bunks but then we walked it for about 40 yards till clear for motors. With one guy in the boat and me pushing there are still spots after you get in that come up to a little over 1 fow. Boaters please use caution on this lake right now, there are rockpiles in that lake that are not on your mapping chips. I have all the chips. I am on this lake every week and here is what I will share.
    1. You are gambling if you cruise over ANY of the underwater points and bars. You might make it-you might not.
    2. I have seen guys rip across the southern shoreline, and for the most part you are flirting with a nasty disaster.
    3. No one will mark the dangerous areas due to liability.

Good luck, be safe, p4.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.