Big Walleyes are HUNGARY!

• up man
    UP MICHIGAN

It’s sure hard to be turkey hunting when the walleyes are biting like they have the last few days. With the last week of warm weather the water temp came up and the walleyes became really active up in shallow water. The last few days we have hardly kept any fish because they have all been over that 18-19 inch mark.

Boy is it fun when almost ever fish you catch is over 20 inches. We caught them casting and trolling. The biggest one was just a bit over 7 pounds and that one has a little story behind it. I hooked into it and just figured it was another 20 incher. My dad grabbed the net and was waiting for the fish to come to the top. When it did he dipped the net into the water and when he came up with it the head of the walleye was not totally in the net and it flopped out!

I thought for sure that fish was gone. Either my line would break or the hook would come out. But luckly the second try he managed to net it with no problems. His face was priceless when it came out of the net. We laughed the whole way home.

This first picture you can see him in the backround with a goofy face saying… “Man… Look I’m still shaking from that!”

Fun day on the Water!

Mocha
    Park Rapids

Great pics! Looks like you guys had a great time!
    What were you casting and trolling with? How deep? What time of day? If you want to share.

baldwin4
    NE IA

Awesome fish & pics Keep up the good fishing and the reports coming

Bob Spitz
    Osage Iowa

Hey, Goosebuster tell Craig hi from Bob in Osage. I went on a fly-in trip to Bearnose with him twice. We pounded the walleyes up there. Ask him about the HUGE eye that I lost at the boat. Great pics. and post, keep up the good work!!

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

What were you casting and trolling with? How deep? What time of day? If you want to share.

We caught them anywhere from 1-5 feet of water. We were casting with small twisters and trolling with rapalas. Afternoon was the best time til dark.

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

Hey, Goosebuster tell Craig hi from Bob in Osage. I went on a fly-in trip to Bearnose with him twice. We pounded the walleyes up there. Ask him about the HUGE eye that I lost at the boat. Great pics. and post, keep up the good work!!

I remember my dad talking about fishing with you and that you lost a nice walleye. I will tell him hi for ya!

jeff_jensen
    cassville ,wis

Way to rip em! Great pics!

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

VERY nice fish. Thanks for sharing and keep em comin.
    Thanks, Bill

fireline
    Rochester

What lake were you fishing ? Thanks

erick
    Grand Meadow, MN

Quote:

COME ON DUDE LOL

up man
    UP MICHIGAN

Quote:

It would be about a three hour drive from roch.. Its really hard to give out the lake because very very few people fish it. There are never many boats on it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.