Thurs. night

• Anonymous

Fished the NW corner just down shore from St. Albans Bay from 6pm til just before 10 pm. Boated 30-35 walleyes. Hooked the 1st fish 22″ about 6:30 pm., but guys coming in at that time said the fish had been hitting all day. Early evening rigging/jigging put more fish in the boat–big fatheads or large to jumbo leeches on any hook or jig–that didn’t seem to matter neither did snell length– a one foot snell on the sand got clobbered. Later in the evening the lighted bobbers were going down consistently–using 1/8 oz. northland super-glow yellow jig (red/black eye)–wind picked up—the reason for the heavier jig–otherwise 1/32 oz. was plenty during calmer waters.. Was working a sand/rock break on northwest side with a North east wind kicking up some good 2 maybe 3 footers. Started in 12′ and worked up into 9-10′ at dark and fish continued to hit up until 9:50 pm. Then headed in to make it off the water by 10 pm. Tale of the tape—(7) slots–(2) 16 1/2″ they went back in–no tail clipping means no tickets for me! (2) 25″ 2 (24″) numerous 22-23 inchers and biggest measured 26 1/4 inches for a total between 30-35 fish plus a pike and a couple pout (Shallow for pout isn’t it???). Any whew–it was a blast. In four days of fishing 10 out of 80 were in the slot. Only one under the slot (12″) the rest were just to damn fun…..I meant big. Fish on!!!!

Anonymous

Wow…. I want to go. What fun!

Hawger

Anonymous

Hey, 10 of 80 were slot fish – consider yourself lucky in that department. 8 of 130 (over 4 1/2 days) have been slotfish in my boat so far.

I agree – regardless of what can and can’t be kept – it is just too much fun to miss.

Anonymous

Saturday evening the girlfriend and I fished from 5pm-7:30pm and put 6 fish in the well of 13. Sunday we had only 2 in the slot, but what a day for the biguns. I will have some pictures soon. So for the year its 11 slots for 58 fish. And more fun than should be legal.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.