Musky’s on the Big pond

• MuskyFever
    Illinois/Indiana

Looking to get out on the Big Pond this year, any help with some Musky info would be greatly appreciated!!!

Thanks,

Anonymous

If ya stick close to the weed line on the north end (wealthwood area)/ garrison bay/ vineland bay/ cove bay/ isle bay or any other weeds, you will see…..and probably catch a few. It’s a large lake obviously and it is full of muskies. I have never tried the rocks or the open flats, but I have been told that they are overlooked. I don’t mean to sound vague on the areas of weeds, but all those spots can be fantastic! I fish the area the wind lets me that day. Good Luck.

MuskyFever
    Illinois/Indiana

thanks for the info Steve!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Has anybody else found that the majority of the ski’s you catch on mille lacs seem to be aroung that 39-43 inch range? I know there are much bigger ones there, but there seems to have been a great success rate of that age class of fish that were stocked. Just curious to know what the average size of the fish people catch is. I know that a 40 inch fish is a nice fish. I’m not trying to sound like thats all i catch. I have only fished there for about 5 years a few times each year and have only caught a handful of fish…..all in that size range. It seems like the “millions” of follows were also in that range too though……(Except that 50-55 inch fish that sent a suick flying 5 feet out of the water……that i missed). Just looking for some others responses/opinions.

Anonymous

Well I know there are two 50+ inch ski’s on the east side of the lake by Hunters point. A few guys at the resort where talking about watching them in the creek behind the resort this past weekend.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.