mille lacs resort

• kevinh1570
    New Richmond, Wi

Anyone ever stay at chapmans resort? Thinkin bout trying a different place this year, it has to be on the east side and has to have a bar. Does chaplans have a protected harbor? Just curious whos been where.. thanks

Brian Hoffies
    Land of 10,000 taxes, potholes & the politically correct.

Chapmans is right in Isle Bay. Within walking distance to everything. I have never heard a bad word about them, but I have never stayed there either.

haleysgold
    SE MN

Quote:

Anyone ever stay at chapmans resort? Thinkin bout trying a different place this year, it has to be on the east side and has to have a bar. Does chaplans have a protected harbor? Just curious whos been where.. thanks

It was a motel and I think they bought the resort next to it a few years back so they have some cabins.

No protected harbor, just docks.
    No Bar either. But the Municipal Liq store is close by.

The owners are great or I should say they were great but I haven’t talked to them in years. Back in the mid 90’s when I started going up, I stayed there a couple times and Tim was always super helpful on helping me find fish. I went back a few times after I found/bought a camper to stay in when I went up. I’m sure Tim and Tina are still great.

You’re pretty much right in town but it’s Isle and there’s really not much to do.

Jack Naylor
    Apple Valley, MN

kevin,
    I really like Hunter’s Point, middle of the east side, has ALL you need.
    cabins, hotels rooms, or for lower budget, rental ice houses with bunks for sleeping bag, the big ones have a/c.

I’ve been there over many years, great staff and restaurant menu.
    Jack

JoJo
    Inactive
    Eden Prairie

We have stayed at Chapman’s for the last few years and plan to stay with them for years to come. Great people, and always willing to help if you have any problems.

If you need a bar, the Muni is within walking distance, as is the grocery store.

We usually stay in the 1 bedroom cabin. The 2 bedroom is great if you have children. The smaller units are also great and I know a couple of them have a bedroom.

PM Me if you want additional information.

Jo

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

Quote:

Seeing as we’ve got a cabin on the lake I can’t say I’ve ever stayed there, but I do know that Tim is one of the nicest guys on the lake. I doubt you would be unhappy if you do decide to stay at Chapman’s.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.