Mille Lacs Opener Roll Call

• Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

I’ll be heading north with the rest of the sheep on Friday afternoon. Big cookout Friday night, possibly some adult beverages consumed.

Then an early start Saturday (hope to be at Hunters by 8am -) I will proceed south from Hunters to wait in ambush behind Doe Island to see which direction the venerable king of Mille Lacs, Jason N goes. Then, I’m just going to follow him around all day.

What are everyones plans?

Cheers,

Adam

chomps
    Sioux City IA

my freezer is still full of last years possession limit, I’m just going for the cocktails.

deertracker

When you cruise by big point blow your airhorn to wake me up.

Oh wait, I have to work this weekend. Thanks for reminding me. I will be hitting a local Alexandria lake on saturday evening though and will be on the pond wednesday.

DT

Jason_N
    St. Cloud, Minnesota, USA

HA! Good stuff right there….I see you purchased a faster rig this year just to keep up! Think that 250 PROXS can catch me?

Will Roseberg
    Hanover, MN

I’ll be making a quick stop at Thorne Bros on Friday morning to get brand new line for all my reels (no excuses when I hook into that big girl) then heading up to the cabin to do a little early season hunting improvement project and put out a couple (hundred) lbs of Nutra Deer

Come Friday night we’ll be out of Barnaveld’s resort at midnight fishing until the sun comes up followed by a quick stop at the Red Door for some breakfast at the Waypoint Cafe!

Sleep… Eat… Repeat on Saturday and Sunday evenings

walleyefisher87
    Central MN/ SJU

the guys and i will be up on fri evening…….gonna grab a bite to eat…play a couple hands of cribbage watch the wind and then make our decision as to where to make our first night trolling run of the 2012 season…..let the games begin

Charles

Sartell Eye Guy
    Sartell, MN

DT, that’s a kick in the berries to have to work on opener when you own a place on BP.

tomr
    cottage grove, mn

Going out Agate Bay. Good luck to everyone, be safe!

Mike W
    MN/Anoka/Ham lake

Its a mille lacs opener for me this year.

washburn
    Aitkin Mn

I’ll be out by Myr Mar at midnight till sunrise or so, then maybe north Saturday depending on the report from Will

John Peterson
    Woodbury, Minnesota

Red Door-as soon as my partner and I can get there Friday.

Good Luck too all!

wallster
    Austin, MN

I’ll be out on the north end out of Barnacles all weekend.
    IDO channel 82/ Team Ranger
    Wallster ><((((>

I’ll be headed up Friday nite, then launching on the East side and fishing all of Saturday.

Goal is to stay away from the crowds if there ever is such a thing on Mille Lacs opener.

big_g
    Isle, MN

Heading up thursday night… get the place ready for another opener weekend. Having our normal group fishing extravaganza Can’t wait…. actually alot of members from IDO, I get to see maybe once or twice a year We might even actually have nice weather and not a mud bowl back at camp

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

I’ll be out in the early AM trying to figure out how to fish out of a wheel boat again.

llong

Me and the crew will be heading up Friday morning, get the house all set up and have some beverages. Out of agate bay heading towards the north eventually more than likely.

mille-lacs-guy
    Chaska, MN

Our plan is to get to the lake around noon or 1:00 on Saturday after it settles down a little bit and then fish until dark. We probably will focus on the north end but who knows. If possible I want to avoid the crowds.

backlasher
    Fridley, Mn

I’ll be up there for 3 days this week-end and then back up there Thursday thru next week-end. Should be able to cover the entire north end in 7 days.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

I think Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday after work looks the best. But yes I will be out there a bit.

jasono00
    cities

will be going out of castaways’s, will be trying to beat this one from redwing earlier this year!

Quote:

I’ll be out in the early AM trying to figure out how to fish out of a wheel boat again.

Wanna trade Fife?

I’m still trying to get used to out the whole tiller thing over here.

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Quote:

Quote:

Wanna trade Fife?

I’m still trying to get used to out the whole tiller thing over here.

Sure, but make sure you leave the willow cats in the livewell for me. I haven’t fished out of a ProGuide before but if it trolls backwards I’m sure I’ll feel right at home. My Uncle switched from a tiller to a wheel boat and he has never fished Mille Lacs, so I told him to bring it up on opener and we’ll figure out how to catch walleyes with it.

jon_jordan
    St. Paul, Mn

Headed up at noon Friday and staying the entire week!

-J.

sandmannd

I’m going up with our group on Friday afternoon until Sunday.

Quote:

Sure, but make sure you leave the willow cats in the livewell for me.

No Willowcats for me this weekend, but I may have a livewell full of Chubs instead.

randy-k
    West Central MN

Your Uncles wheel boat…OK…sheesh, you had me worried for
    a while there Fife.

I’m working nights this week too. Will go out somewhere local
    Sat. pm.

Calvin Svihel
    Northwest Metro, MN

Heading up Friday afternoon til Sunday…

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 37 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.