Mille Lacs 10/08/11-10/12/11

• hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

We are heading up to the Red Door for our annual fall trip. We general fish musky and walleye, but this year I would like to try perch and some northerns. Looking for a general area,presentation and depth to try for the perch. Fish mostly north shore but willing to go to wherever.

chomps
    Sioux City IA

our crew will be just a bit to the north of you guys, our place is back in the woods though. My brother was just up yesterday went down to Isle Bay and picked up just one. He said most of the locals were going out to the gravel bars. He was after perch. We are making a one day run up to Leech or Winni, Mille Lacs right now is at a point were numbers of jumbos are low, just need 2-3 more years, then there should be plenty again.

mark-bruzek
    Two Harbors, MN

Quote:

Mille Lacs right now is at a point were numbers of jumbos are low, just need 2-3 more years, then there should be plenty again.

I will definatley have to disagree. Last winter was phenomenal for us. many 12-14″ perch and evan a few 16″. No lies. They are in here in numbers, you just have to find the areas holding the bigger fish. BTW here on the S and E side I would start in 25′ deep. Good Luck -Mark

Fife
    Ramsey, MN

Mille Lacs has a great population of jumbo perch right now. A month ago we were catching a ton of them trolling small cranks on leadcore. I will be up this weekend going after perch and walleye. I’ll plan on starting in 25-30 mud transitions or shallower rock transitions.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.