fishing report 5/29/03

• putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Sounds better, Walleyefinder. One of the Fat Germans was up over Memorial weekend and found tough fishing like you said. Got into a few by Little Stoney until the wind went down. He and the other Fat German are going to check things out for this Fat German this weekend and I’ll be up the week of the 7th. I’ll get in touch with you next week. Maybe we can hook up.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Wow! Just got back from the Mille Lacs forum and saw the lake fly pics. Is Leech due for one of those too or will it still be the mid-June mayfly hatch as usual? I guess I don’t know the difference between midges, lakeflies, and mayflies.

walleyefinder
    Leech Lake area (God's Country)

The midge flys are pretty much done now, they have been hatching on and off since about a week into the season. I have not seen any mayflys yet this year. Last year was a pretty good crop though. I have a feeling that this year will be the same. As far a s when they will hatch i have no idea. Midge flys are much smaller than a may fly and are black in color. I do not know what lake flys are either. I should be able to hook up with you the week of the 7th. Give me a call next week and lets set something up.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.