Fishing Leech For Opener?

• walleyefinder
    Leech Lake area (God's Country)

With the earlier than normal ice out and the warm weather we have been having, opener on Leech is shaping up to be great I was wondering who will be up here on the big lake for opener this year?

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

My wife and I won’t make it up there until our week of vacation June 7-14. Sounds like that may be good timing unless the Mayflies decide to come out early also. Would love to see them piled up on the rocky points like they were one year with an early ice out. Be looking forward to your early reports.

By the way, are there any tournaments scheduled there for June 7-8. Love to watch those guys fish (from a respectable distance of course).

walleyefinder

Too bad you won’t be able to make it up untill then. With the early ice out and warmer consistant weather we are having this spring it’s shaping up to be a great opener. I was out on a small lake late last week making sure everything ran good on the boat and found 53 degree water in a shallow bay on the north end of that lake. I was suprised too see it that warm.

I’m not sure if there are any tourny’s scheduled for that time or not but will let you know if I hear of any.

putz
    Cottage Grove, Minn

Rats! Tell those walleyes to hold off a couple of weeks. I’m dry docked at the moment with a leaky live well and a truck that won’t talk to my trailer as far as running lights are concerned.

Side note: A quite a few years back a friend and I caught walleyes from the big point on Townline lake but it has since froze out, so I’ve heard. Any word if it is supporting fish again?

walleyefinder

I heard that they resocked the lake but haven’t heard of anything coming off of there except tons of small northerns. It could be worth cheking out though

vikes40for60
    Minneapolis

Walleyefinder-

So you are saying the spring bite should be in full swing? Thats great news cause I am coming to Leech for the first time in many years the weekend after opener. Cant wait….

walleyefinder

I think it will be great, check back and I will have a fishing report after this weekend.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.