Leech lake next week

• hv2fish06
    Allison,Iowa

Friends of mine are heading to Leech next week and asked if I have ever fished it. I have not fished it but told him I would try to get some info on it. They are staying on the west side and looking to do some Walleye and Musky fishing for a day or two. Any presentation or general areas will be greatly appreicated!

JasonP
    Twin Cities

I’m heading up for my annual fall trip on thursday next week. I’ll be staying on the west side also…near sand point….last year mostly fished perch in the day and trolled walleyes shallow at night with #5’s and did ok.

maybe we can get Tom or fishnut to chime in here…

fishthumper
    Sartell, MN.

Heading up in about 2 Hr’s. Mostly targeting Perch and Walleye – Can give you a updated report on Mon.

fishnutbob
    Walker, Mn.

Its cooling down 33 degrees this morning perch are going.

The bite lately has been in Walker bay on the deep humps and from cedar Pt to sand pt. jig and minnow bigger minnow the better. If the weather stays warm a lindy and crawler will work. Work the Walker bay area and look to the east and south in the bay on those humps.

I havent been out for a couple weeks working on a Motor Hm to go to Alaska next year. When I get done Ill be walleye fishing until the ice keeps me off the lake the fall bite on leech is usually real good.

Areas to try in the fall up by Goose and the big hardwoods work the windy shores and pts that should keep you busy. Perch should be going up in the narrows and over in Kabegona bay and steamboat. Good Luck

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.