24-Hour Fish-a-Thon

• benjisdad
    Newton, Iowa

Hey Gang!!..

I wanted to let you all know about an event that I am participating in and would like your support. Myself and a young angler named Brandon “Cookie” Cook will be fishing in the Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-A-Thon. This event kicks off on Sept 10th at 6PM and ends on Sept. 11th at 6PM, and is our annual fund raising event to continue spreading the word about stewardship. We will be fishing Big Creek Lake, and the focus of our 24 hours will be to raise stewardship awareness throughout Iowa. A lot of anglers have an idea of stewardship, but what does that really mean? We want to bring that message to our local area. Let’s clean up the lakes, take out what you take in, don’t leave your excess fishing line laying around for birds and small animals to get stuck in and die. Boaters, clean all the debris off your boats when you leave and clean it off before you head to another body of water. Why? Well that is one way invasive plant and animal species, like zebra muscles, get introduced from one body to another.

Cookie and I would appreciate your support by donating to our team and cause. I have posted a link to our team page so you can make that donation if you’d like. You can also send me a quick note and I will be more than happy to provide you with an address to send donations. Any pledge amount or one time donation would be greatly appreciated! I am also going to see about coordinating a lake area clean up so if you can and would like to participate I’d love to have you join us. As a matter of fact if any of you have visited Big Creek recently and have noticed an area that could use particlur attention, please let me know. Thanks again guys and gals! Tight Lines!!!
    Recycled Fish 24 Hour Fish-a-Thon

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.