Dog Creek,O’Brien Co.

• ryan-hale
    NW Ia

I fished Dog Creek today for 2 hours.3-5″‘s of ice on it now.This lake is about 25 acres in size.It can be alot of fun to fish with kids as the # of fish can be very good.I caught 9 small perch,1 small gill,and a small largemouth.3 years ago there was a very good night bite on crappies.It would be nice if that bite would start again.Here is a picture of a typical Dog Creek gill.
    Ryan Hale

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ryan are you going to have him mounted or did you releace him>>???

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Its a pretty gold color. I haven’t seen one that color before. Thanks for sharing. How thick is the ice on the bigger lakes down that way? Thanks, Bill

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

James,actually I have HUUUUGGGGEEEE hands!!! There will days where you can catch as many of these little guys as you want.Every now and then you’ll get them in the 8-9″ range.
    Bill,Spirit Lake has very good ice now.The ice is starting to get better on West and East Okobobji.
    Ryan Hale

tazbbassin
    Des Moines, Iowa

James? Mount it ?
    Maybe between two Ritz crackers!!

All kidding aside, great to see some “ice” photos . . . . even though I’m not gonna go out there and do it!

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Mike it’s not mine. It’s Ryan’s catch and I think he releaced it. Did have some nice color to it . I might get out once or twice this year but don’t know for sure. Not much of an ice fisherman. Takes to much time to cut a hole big enough to put the boat in besides it all melts when I cook it. Jim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.