Sportsmans warehouse

• james
    Ankeny Iowa

Well the new store is open in Ankeny. Nice place to go and waist away some time and I did. They have just about everything one would need except Wallydivers. There was not one of them to be found. I talked to the store manager and he said he would talk to his boss and try and get some of them in. Looks like this place will be getting some of my money from now on . We in this area have waited along time for a place like this and now we have it. Jim

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

What’s up jim? Hey I’ll be in the store Sat doing a little work for Purefishing.If your bored stop by and say hi,anybody stop by and say hi!!i’ll have a red Berkley shirt and white Abu Garcia hat on.Take care.
    Ryan Hale

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ryan I hope to get out there Sat. but don’t know for sure. Have to get some work done on a 36 ford I’m rebuilding (street rod) It’s a hobby too. Hope to talk to you there. Jim

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

I made a visit to the Sportsmans Warehouse and got to visit with Ryan Hale a bit. What a great guy. The place has some great fishing products and the variety is good. I noticed there wasn’t any Wallydivers too. I use wallydivers alot and the only place to buy them is WalMart. Walmart price is typically $3.59-$3.89 and everyone else is $4-5.

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Steve,I’ll be there again this Sat(Dec 6).Stop by and say hi if your bored.Thanks for the kind words and right back at you.
    Ryan Hale

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Ryan – I plan on being out there Sat. for the open house. Will stop by and say hi. It was bad planning on the stores part to have an open house on the first day of deer season I think. Sure is a nice store and we needed it bad. Jim

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Hi Jim,
    Im going to try to be out there 9ish tomorrow morning. I hope its not a madhouse

A friend gave me a good idea. We boys who dont get out on the water as much as we want have a tough time using a whole package of plastics. You buy a package of 20 Mister Twisters, or whatever, and you might use up 5 in year. The rest languish and take up space in the tackle box. He took 2 of everything he had and tossed it in a ziplock for me. Did the same for his brother.

I’ll put together a bag for you tonight in case I bump into you there. Different size Wildeye Shad, Gulp, Powerbait… You can let me know sometime if any of them are real winners for you.

Ryan, Ill try to stop by and say hello if I see you!

Catch ya later,
    Dave

james
    Ankeny Iowa

Dave – Sounds like a good idea. The problem is you don’t want to mix the colors as they will fade. Each one has to be in a differant bag. I’m sure you already new this . Jim

dm5000
    Des Moines, IA

Hi Jim,

Yeah, I discovered that years ago the hard way. I stored white twister tails with purple worms. A couple week laters all my white twister tails were PINK! I think I tossed them which in retrospect was silly, they probably would have worked just fine as pink twister tails.

I did mix colors on you but only for a couple of hours, so the colors shouldnt have a chance to bleed.

I have high hopes for those storm wildeye shad on wipers. They are using them (the larger ones) for saltwater stripers with success.

It was nice to meet Ryan as well. He helped me sort out my Gulp storage problems. I am going to keep my eye open for airtight containers that will fit im my Plano box system, but for now, it will all stay in its original containers.

Tight lines!
    Dave

ryan-hale
    NW Ia

Jim,it was nice to talk to you again.And nice to meet you Dave.You guys take care.
    Ryan Hale

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.