1st Devils, 2nd freeze out, 3rd prozak?

• gillsandspecks
    Hiawatha, Iowa

Have you ever been on the water & say fished with out a bump for like 20 min & were just about to move on to try an other tactic or spot & then picked up a fish, just enough to keep you there for an other 20 or so min? I call those devil fish, because the devils watching & laughing to beat hell. It’s probably one of his favorite past times not to mention all of the overtime we work for all of the fancy equipment.
    I also some times call these fish freeze out fish because of the lack of oxigen that they may have received during last years colder months.
    Now we have another title for these fish, “prozak fish” there’s a study out that all the people for instance up in Saint Paul who are taking Prozak are periodically relieving them selves which thus goes to the sewers & then to the Miss. R. & then into the fish. Why shoot, the fish are as drugged up as we are Maybe that’s why those fish are sometimes wandering aimlessly on those no name flats Has any body heard about that latest study? {John}

superdave
    NE IA

LOL

I hate the ones that all gang up and dare one of there freinds to bite. Then you catch it, and all the other ones sit down and there and laugh at you. Makes you spend a lot of time at one spot hopeing theres more, cuz its always usually a good fish!

Gianni
    Cedar Rapids, IA

Oh yeah John – the best ones wait until you kick on the trolling motor and start reeling, then take a swipe right at the surface of the water as you’re on your way out.

You spend the next half hour trying to ‘replicate’ that action and in addition to not catching anything, get the added bonus of looking like a total buffoon.

wade_kuehl
    Northwest Iowa

Well, here’s a little something new I learned about these devils today…

Fish farting may not just be hot air

00:01 05 November 03

NewScientist.com news service

Biologists have linked a mysterious, underwater farting sound to bubbles coming out of a herring’s anus. No fish had been known to emit sound from its anus nor to be capable of producing such a high-pitched noise.

Here’s the rest of the story…

I’ll reserve further comment.

Dave Koonce
    Prairie du Chien Wi.

Herring gas

Maybe next time up to Everets I’ll bring a large jar of pickled herring

bill_cadwell
    Rochester, Minnesota

Ever sit in a spot anchored while you are fishing and you start seeing some bubbles coming up to the surface? Now I know what they are from- fish farting! Thanks, Bill

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.