Brushy Creek

• bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Fished Brushy from about noon until dark Saturday with my buddy the bass fisherman. I really wanted to give the twilight walleye bite an honest try, but the bass were too amusing to quit so we didn’t set up on the eyes or do any serious looking with the electronics until much later than I had planned. So I still haven’t caught a walleye from Brushy. Lots of bass action on worms from the first row of trees out in deeper water. Had a great time as always on this great lake.

Somebody please post some clues on Brushy’s walleyes. Is it a total night bite right now or can they be caught during the day? Send me a PM if you’re willing to share, just not with the world. I’m total catch and release so don’t worry about me depleting the resource.

zamer
    Grimes, Iowa

Walleyes on Brushy are normally early morning and late evening biters. There are some fantastic walleyes in this lake, no monsters but plenty of 4 to 7 lbs. Find the trees in 15-20 feet of depth and vertical jig or use a minnow/crawler on a bobber just off bottom.

bigesox
    Cedar Falls, Iowa

Thanks Zamer,

The Cedar Valley Walleye Club has a tourney set for Brushy on the 12th. I’ll be prefishing on the 11th. Hope I can tie into one of those 7 pounders and put it on the boys. A DNR guy told the club Clear Lake people were accusing the DNR of taking out all their brood fish and putting them in Brushy. IT’S ALL ABOUT WATER QUALITY CLEAR LAKERS!!! You can’t pour fertilizer on your fancy yards and expect the lake to not suffer. Getting rid of the carp would help lots too.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.