Mcbride

• redman
    Marion Iowa

Went out for a few hours with my son Saturday and caught quite a few crappie and they were hitting both jigs and minnows! Size was not big but if you wanted a nice fish fry it could be done easly! Reports of some 11to12 inchers caught but they are far and few between! Suggest if you have a large motor watch the no wake as I noticed some some boater are not obeying and all that can do is hurt our efforts to get the regulations changed! So we have until the end of May and lets show that we can obey the no wake rule!

I have not heard anymore if this is off the agenda for this year but if it is we must not let the matter drop! Fishing is only going to get better and I hope all boaters will get to enjoy!

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

Redman, as far as any consideration for the No wake year round possiblities, it looks like we have again been unable to get this out of committee for further consideration. I agree we need to get everyone to behave themselves if we are ever going to have a chance with getting the restriction changed. There is a growing group of people in the Cedar Rapids area that are determined to continue the effort. The next opportunity is probably next season. We need to get organized earlier and actively persue this with a large number that agree with our view.

bassbaron
    eldridge, ia

Anybody been out of mcbride lately? Looks like I might make a trip wednesday to check it out before the no-wake season ends. I have not been out there for several years (prior to renovations). Any info on water temp/ bass depth and /or stage or hot techniques would be appreciated. I will be happy to share back after the trip. Thanks.

Also, which is the best ramp to put in- I would prefer to end up in the end by the spillway into coralville, not sure if the ramp by the beach area is still there. Thanks

Chitwood46
    Cedar Rapids, Iowa

bassbaron. I don’t have current information for MacBride except the ramp is still available near the beach. Our club will have a small tournament there on the 17th and will definitely know more about your other questions after that.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.