Round two

• kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

If yesterdays pigs weren’t enough these two hogs were pulled this afternoon.

I had to catch up on some family time so I didn’t get out but Ron Matz, son Jon picture yesterday with his 28.5 and Todd Martinson did.

Ron caught his hog on a BFishNTackle 3/32nd H2O jig and K Grub.

This hog topped the scale at 10lbs and taped 30.5″

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

This is Todds fish that wieghed 9.8 and taped 30″
    Todd deceide to keep this fish. It would have been nice to see him release it…

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

here are a few pics of Ron releasing his 10lber.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

second pic.
    Notice the fish in the water just off his hand…..

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Nice fish again Moe…the river looks fairly shallow?

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Luke, the river is very low….. but water visablity is 2-3ft in some areas.
    A good rain before we freeze is greatly needed.

Brian Klawitter
    Keymaster
    Minnesota/Wisconsin Mississippi River

Nice fish again Moe! Hogs!

Hey, do me a favor sometime will you? Take Luke out and show him how to catch a few fish…they don’t have to be big…he just needs to catch some fish!

Keep your pants up Luke…I’ll do it for you….

superdave
    NE IA

Nice fish Moe and company! Have the plastics been outfishing chubs?

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Did I miss something??

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Dave, its a 50/50 draw on the hogs.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Wow!!! I just posted on the “twin pigs” post and now this. Again, what sort of flow, structure, depth are these hogs relating to? I may be fishing the des moines in boone county this weekend. Thanks.

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Thnks Andy
    Yes, there are reasons why these fish were relating to the spots we caught them in. I would rather not say right now for they are very vulnerable. I won’t even let some of my friends know where we caught them. Hope you understand…..

Andy, are you and Luke fishing Ryan’s ice tourney??
    Thanks

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

Not worried about the actual spot. I was just wondering if they were in fast or slow water; if they were in deep or shallow water; rocks, sand, or mud? Not trying to take your spot at all. I’m fishing the des moines tomorrow in boone county west of ames.

flatheadsareus

Andy, did you fish below fraser, or below water works here in Boone. I am actually from boone but go to school at UNI. Anyways, plastics have been doing well down here and jig and minnows up at Cedar Falls. Let me know where ya went and how ya did.

luke_haugland
    Iowa City, Iowa

Moe, as for me, I am not. I would have liked to, but I am going to mille lacs for the IDA GTG, and then I have a trap attack tournament with Derek Johnston the following month. That is already driving a total of 25 hours, with a big burban and trailer…don’t want to even guess that gas bill for just two trips. But, I guess since Derek and I will be winning the ice event, I will be rich…

kirk moe
    Algona,Iowa

Andy,
    I know what you meant. Did’t think you would drive up here and take my spot. Even if you did I know you would have the decency to practice catch and release. I didn’t want to explain the, who’s, what’s where’s and why’s. There are a lot of people who practice good conservation and release the big fish to be caught another day. With that said I know there are a lot of people who would keep those 6 plus lbs eye’s for show and tell.

Just my thoughts don’t mean to upset anyone.

Good luck with the tourney Luke!
    Gas prices do stink.

andyjcraig
    Iowa City, Iowa

gotcha! thanks for the email. sent you one back.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.