Devils Lake quick report

• chomps
    Sioux City IA

Just a quick post from Devils Lake. First time there, decided to go with Woodland Resort, good decision! We decided to rent a resort boat, nice C-liner 18 footer brand new with everything we needed for $150 per day was tons cheaper than haul’n my boat all around North Dakota. Day one, caught about 50-60 eyes between the two of us, disappointed with the size, but fat 15-16 inchers make great table fare. Day two, Tuesday, high winds so we stayed in the bay, right back on the fish, again 50 fish easy and that was just 1/2 a day fishing. These were an inch or two bigger, and fat. Daily limit is 5, no slot, possession is 10 three day out of state license is $17.50. Gut buckets had a few jumbo perch, some gators, and mostly the size walleye we kept. A group came in on Monday with two guides, they had put the hammer down on some dandy’s, every one looked to be over 18 inches. Said they trailered way north, not knowing what way north meant, left it at that. Caught ice fishing feavor really bad looking at all the ice fishing photos on the wall. Looked like the middle of last January was on fire. The guys helping us out with the boat said they had the best winter by far. We pulled spinners behind bouncers, pink blades were best. Ran out of crawlers, used orange tailed munchies with about half the body bit off and that went well also. Pretty cool place, will be back this winter, mid January. Have never been in a fish cleaning house as nice and air conditioned! Sweet resort.

onestout
    Hudson, WI

Love that place, Kyle does a good job out there. I just wish it wasn’t 6 hours away from me or I’d be there more.

North area that they were fishing was most likely Pelican lake, it’s now part of DL, shallower and typically has more active eyes. A lot of people go up that way but there are plenty of fish all over the lake that will bite.

kwp
    Eden Prairie

Nice report…Fished DL once in a combo cast-n-blast trip in Oct. Didn’t get numbers but caught nice fish.

derek_johnston
    On the water- Minnesota

Sounds fun as heck. DL is on my winter bucket list.

churley

fished d l pry five years ago me and the gf stayed out in wakon and fish out on the west end pulled cranks mostly spent alot of time on a submerged black top road they called the golden highway stayed on the center with the boat and that put the cranks in the ditch which worked great one evening we were back in hog bay pulled up to these trees and flopped a couple slipbobbers right next to the trunk hook and leach put 2 limits with an average of 18 or 19 inches in the boat in less then 30 mins never caught eyes like i was fishing crappies before but it was fun any way would love to get back out there some time a different kind of fisherie thats for sure

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.