FROZEN 4

• Rick Z
    Stark MN

Any thoughts on who wins tonight? A couple of interesting observations:

The 2 MN teams play each other or we could have had an all MN final.
    All 4 teams are from the West. No east coast teams in the finals at all. As long as you count MI “west”

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Mankato and Michigan have been the 2 best teams pretty much all year, so I think they make the finals. Although I’ll be rooting for the Mavs and Denver as I can’t cheer for a Big 10 team. #NeverForgetTheRealWCHA

ThunderLund78

After having stuffy golf coverage on in the background all morning, I can’t wait for puck-drop!

I tend to agree with Werm- It’s a tragedy. But I can’t bring myself to cheer against Goldy. Would be happy with a Mavs championship, though.

tswoboda

Mankato and Michigan have been the 2 best teams pretty much all year, so I think they make the finals.

Agree. That Final would literally be the men against the boys.

Would love to see a Gophs-Mich rematch, but with no east teams it’s a win-win either way. Over/under 1,000 fans in attendance?

BigWerm
    SW Metro

Would love to see a Gophs-Mich rematch, but with no east teams it’s a win-win either way. Over/under 1,000 fans in attendance?

I bet it’s fairly full, Boston’s a good hockey town with a lot of transplants. Plus Michigan and the U should travel well…

JEREMY
    BP

I thought that was already over. When did they play last 2 weeks ago?

wormdunker

I was going to go out to Boston but tickets were nearly sold out. With 4 schools, 2 being Big 10. You can expect Semis to be full, likely way fewer for the Ship because everyone goes home when their team loses.

tswoboda

Good I hope it’s packed. There’s a ton of high draft picks and future NHLers in it this year.

gonefishin

While our oldest son and myself are Mankato grads and our youngest son and my wife are U grads, definitely I will be rooting for the Gophers as most of the Gopher players are from MN while very few of the Mavericks are from MN. Just look at the rosters. Go Gophers!!!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

The frozen four is almost always sold out in advance except for a limited amount of tickets doled out to each participating school.

Denver has the horsepower to keep up with Michigan. Michigan has a lot of high draft picks but their lack of experience may inhibit them. Mankato’s record is probably a little inflated because they play in a terrible conference but if they score first, they should win. Dryden McKay is probably going to win the hobey baker award tomorrow.

Denver was the best team in the best conference this season. I think they will win over Mankato in the final.

404 ERROR
    MN

I’ve got my Mav’s jersey on and don’t plan on taking it off until it’s over! Not often I’m proud of my alma mater…

GO MAVERICKS!

lindyrig79
    Forest Lake / Lake Mille Lacs

I will look forward to watching. I agree though, wish they didn’t take so much time off between games. Kinda ruins the momentum.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

So how the hell are we supposed to get ESPNU? I have the main ESPN channels AND Plus but still can’t watch it?

JoeMX1825
    MN

Man… Luke Hughes is awesome

lindyrig79

So how the hell are we supposed to get ESPNU? I have the main ESPN channels AND Plus but still can’t watch it?

I think most sports packages have it , but maybe not all. TV is very frustrating these days.

Ripjiggen

Gopher/Michigan would be my pick for a great final.

JoeMX1825
    MN

Well that sucks, no ESPNU for me so no more NXAA hockey tonight!

Update – So I can watch the Spanish telecast of the game on the ESPN app but not the english telecast…espn is so stupid!

lindyrig79

Well that sucks, no ESPNU for me so no more NXAA hockey tonight!

Update – So I can watch the Spanish telecast of the game on the ESPN app but not the english telecast…espn is so stupid!

Not terrible. Turn off the volume and turn on some tunes for the background toast

JoeMX1825
    MN

Yeah, hopefully the same thing works for the Gopher game

404 ERROR
    MN

Gopher/Michigan would be my pick for a great final.

Your prediction is 1/2 wrong. Let’s hope it’s all wrong. devil

All in good fun.

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Denver has gone 19-2-1 since Thanksgiving. One of those losses was to Duluth in the conference tournament semifinals. For the level of competition they play on a regular basis, that is an astonishing run. They are going to be tough for anyone to beat.

Scratch that, it’s 20-2-1 now after beating Michigan.

Ripjiggen

Your prediction is 1/2 wrong. devil

All in good fun.
    [/quote]

Fixed it for ya..

lindyrig79

Regarding the Gophers first goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a two on zero with that many passes and a goal. That was pretty!!

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

Gophers seem content to try and win 1-0. Don’t think that’s gonna work.

TheFamousGrouse
    St. Paul, MN

Gophers seem content to try and win 1-0. Don’t think that’s gonna work.

It’s definitely not working. The Maverick Machine didn’t miss a beat. Wow. This team is stacked.

404 ERROR
    MN

Regarding the Gophers first goal. I don’t think I’ve ever seen a two on zero with that many passes and a goal. That was pretty!!

That was an awesome goal. I don’t know of a goalie that could save that one. Huge props to the Gophers.

Fixed it for ya..

No need to fix applause

Attachments:
    1. EC297BE7-F2B1-4C5F-9BEB-6FBF5ECCDC31.jpeg

gimruis
    Plymouth, MN

It’s definitely not working. The Maverick Machine didn’t miss a beat. Wow. This team is stacked.

They played each other last season in the regional final and the outcome was pretty much exactly the same. The score of that game was 4-0 and the purple bulls controlled the play for virtually the entire game. That was the same script as last night. The only difference is that Mankato made a rare mistake early and the Goofs capitalized. And even when Minnesota had an early 1-0 lead, they were getting outplayed.

ESPN salivates over NHL draft picks. It makes me want to puke. It’s like they think that the team with more draft picks should easily win. I have news for you, there’s more to this than just having draft picks. There’s experience, chemistry, hard work, and the sheer will power to win the freaking game. Mankato has ONE draft pick. Minnesota has 14. If you would not have known that ahead of time, you would think it was the complete opposite.

I picked Denver over Mankato when the bracket came out. My bracket looks pretty good so far.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 99 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.