Frostbite ordering

• Brian Rose

Has anyone ordered anything from frostbite? I have a buddy who tried to order stuff and he advised against it. He didn’t have an axe to grind but said they screwed things up… wrong things shipped etc…..anyone have same experience?

Hunter Seefeldt

I ordered some stuff 3 weeks ago and it still says order place. It seems to me like there not in to big of hurry to send it out or they are just swamped with orders

JoeMX1825
    MN

I just ordered a bunch of soft plastics and Micro dinner bells a few weeks ago after they had been out of stock for over a year. To my surprise I received my order only 4-5 days later… it came from a MN suite address…

eyeguy507
    SE MN

i think we are dealing with supply chain issues? they should be stating this on their website if this is the case. i know a lot of small business companies are all in the same boat. Eric Haatja just stated this for his rod business

Peterbob
    Menasha, WI

I have ordered dinner bells in the past with great success. Obviously, if you are ordering with ice season upon us you may have to wait.

Gitchi Gummi

ordered a new laker rod last winter that took much longer to receive than it should have. Had terrible luck with customer service getting any sort of updates. Ended up not getting the rod in time for my BWCA trip (even tho ordered several weeks ahead of time), so had to go buy an off the shelf rod for the trip and was pretty bummed. I understand supply chain issues but don’t list the item as “in stock” and they should have someone working the customer service email responses.

brandmoney

Put in an order a couple days ago as part of their black friday week sale. Order has been confirmed but hasn’t shipped yet. Not really in a hurry considering there’s highs in the 50s this week

SconnieFib

I have made 3 orders in the last couple years, each time I haven’t had issues but the order does take 2-3 weeks. Last order was about 2 months ago, no issues.

mahtofire14
    Mahtomedi, MN

Seems like ever since they started they’ve had a hard time stocking and shipping things correctly or anywhere close to on time. Even before the covid stock issues.

JoeMX1825
    MN

I know they fired pretty much the entire shipping department a year or so ago because of terrible service, like I said I placed an order a few weeks ago and had it delivered 4-5 days later, surprised how quick it got here (MN)

Brian Rose

Truth be told I didn’t take my buddy’s advice last month. I originally posted to see if I was a unique situation…
    I ended up having my mother in law and wife get me some gift cards (b-day for me). They had a terrible time getting the cards emailed to them however frostbite was happy to take the money. After getting the cards I tried to use them and they didn’t work. Frostbite did get it figured out on their end. I placed order and did come in a few weeks however they sent the wrong rod and incorrect number and types of dinner bells (not in my favor). I had a second order placed while waiting for first and it arrived Friday. Almost everything was correct minus one item (frostbite sticker for my son) . I have contacted them( 6-7 emails to customer service, a bit ridiculous) Customer service has been spotty but I suspect they are overwhelmed with orders and possibly dealing with upset customers? We will see if it gets worked out. My advice—-buy cautiously and have low expectations. I have seen their fish frostbite YouTube channel and seem like a fun group of guys but might not be on point when it comes to running a business? I’m sure they will get the kinks worked out and time will tell if they stay afloat. I wish them success. Hopefully I get what I ordered.

wormdunker

Have you watched the videos of the guy that owns the company? How does bad service surprise anyone?

That said, I have some Devils tongues on order, Er I mean Dinner bells.

Brian Rose

I did receive a response email from
    Frostbite this morning and they are working out the issues. Sounds like growing pains for the company.

HI Brian,
    Thank you for your detailed description, this is frustrating for us
    also. We added this third party warehouse to serve the USA better, we
    specifically selected a warehouse in Minnesota because of the support
    from customers like you. In theory it should save shipping costs and
    delivery times. However we are having some growing pains with them.
    You can keep the extra dinnerbells. I entered a replacement order
    #3795, to get you the missing 5 dinnerbells. Thanks for working with
    us to get through this. I will use your detailed email to have a
    discussion with our warehouse.

Sincerely,
    The Frostbite Team

hnd

I marginally enjoy the dudes who put this all together in terms of their videos and what not but effectively I’ve heard from other people semi associated that its basically a bunch of dude bros in the office all just figuring it out as they go.

like i assume they thought this would be super easy.

brandmoney

Ordered on November 22 and just got the confirmation that my order shipped today. Obviously not ideal, but there’s still no walkable ice in the area, so I’m just happy I have a package on the way. Company is run by some genuinely good people so I just hope they get everything figured out.

lrott2003
    Wisconsin

I ordered a Smokeshow Rod and some dinner bells about two weeks ago and I received my order with out complications in about five days.

I look forward to using them all as soon as ice is upon us!

Nodak

First order took a couple days, quick.Then I ordered a rod one week ago, and it’s still not shipped.

Brian Rose

When I told them that they shipped the wrong rod and got a response on Nov 22 saying they would get it out to me right away….. Still nothing..so “right way” is relative. Emailed them again. Email number 8 or 9 to customer service, i lost count. Fingers crossed.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

The dinner bells do not look like anything special? Am I missing something.

brandmoney

Package came yesterday. Nothing was missing or broken so I can’t complain

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

I wondered the same thing. Does that little flap in the middle trigger bites or something?

vinella

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

I wondered the same thing. Does that little flap in the middle trigger bites or something?

According to my perch friend, it drives them absolutely mad!

munchy
    NULL

<div class=”d4p-bbt-quote-title”>Bearcat89 wrote:</div>

It triggers fishermen…

Gitchi Gummi

neither are most of the latest and greatest lures that are unveiled each year… the dinner bell is very similar to a number of other spoons that have been on the market for years. Only difference is the dinner bell has a squad of hooligans promoting it with several youtube videos/channels… kind of reminds me of the craze over the “pink charmer” when that was heavily marketed by a specific youtube channel years ago on LOTW… not that different than what’s already out there but gained popularity due to the marketing effort of one (or a group of) individual.

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Give me 3 colors of buckshots, maybe one tingler spoon, a bare red hook, a bare glow hook….and I bet I could put more of the same fish topside than with these things that may or may not get shipped correctly to my door.

John Rasmussen
    Blaine

Very true bucky, yet every year I HAVE to buy more stuff so I can keep swapping colors and styles to still not catch that negative fish that won’t bite. shock

Brian Rose

Fishing lures catch more fishermen than they do fish

buckybadger
    Upper Midwest

Very true bucky, yet every year I HAVE to buy more stuff so I can keep swapping colors and styles to still not catch that negative fish that won’t bite. shock

I’m not beyond that either. I’m just getting a tiny bit better at controlling the chaos of collecting fishing lures.

I really have tried to rewind a bit and keep things more simple. On my last LOTW trip I was catching probably 5 fish to every other guy’s 1 that was with us. I didn’t say much, just releasing most and throwing a handful of eaters in a bucket when one guy walked over by me and asked what I was using. He had the best glow lures charged up, was swapping baits like mad….and I had a plain colored hook with a fathead, a splitshot, and a bobber that would hold the line steady when I worked the next rod with the same exact rig. I’d jig one ever so slightly for a minute or so while the other was held still with the bobber. I’d then swap rods putting the first rod down and repeat the steps. There were too many near doubles to count and I had my best numbers days ever. I probably caught ~100 walleyes/saugers in those 2 days without ever touching my tacklebox except after fighting a stray pike. I literally never put on anything else the entire trip.

When I’m fishing with a group of guys throwing the kitchen sink at fish, I’ve learned to essentially let them create the noise and stir things up…while I reap the benefits of having the calm normal offering nearby. It’s foolproof for all but the most aggressive shallow early ice bites.

Bearcat89
    North branch, mn

Give me 3 colors of buckshots, maybe one tingler spoon, a bare red hook, a bare glow hook….and I bet I could put more of the same fish topside than with these things that may or may not get shipped correctly to my door.

I think we have similar fishing styles

AnotherFisherman

Basically any other spoon out there. If I saw one on shelves, I’d give it a try though. I’ve seen Clayton Schick catch some big walters on the dinner bell. Not going out of my way to pick one out though.

Viewing 30 posts - 1 through 30 (of 57 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.